Post-myomectomy- Its so frustrating | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-myomectomy- Its so frustrating Post-myomectomy- Its so frustrating

Unread 03-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Post-myomectomy- Its so frustrating

For those of you that had a myomectomy. Was it easy to loose the weight afterwards? I had my surgery back in december and im still the same weight i was before i had it. Im told that being 30 and the fact that i had three large ones that the fibrods most likely will return. I just dont know when. Its frustrating becasue it was hard choice to make between the hysterectomy and the myomectomy. Im now thinking i should have just went with the hysterectomy. Does anyone have any tips on how to loose the weight? For those of you that lost the weight while having the fibrods do you have any tips.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 06:34 AM

Hi nikoleta

You may be able to find more info over on the fibroids websites. Here is a link to what we have in the Resources Directory: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=browse&cid=26

Good luck on your weight loss goals, and don't give up!! I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 03-13-2007, 07:13 AM

I couldn't even think about working out with my fibroids or after my myo. Though, I didn't heal properly from the myo I actually gained 5 pounds

While, I wanted to preserve my fertility, I had no choice but to have the hyster. My uterus had doubled over on itself and trapped my ovary in the incision. I am very happy with the weight loss. I am almost 5 weeks out. My brain feels clearer, my body feels better, and I am 15 pounds lighter...woo! hoo!

If you are up to it, the only way I can think of is the obvious. Reduce your caloric intake and exercise. GL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2007, 10:29 AM

thanks for the cyberhugs and the advice. I know if mine comes back the hysterectomy is my only other option as well.
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:12 PM

I had a myomectomy last August, but it was done vaginally with no cutting, so it took only a day or so at home to recover.
As for losing weight, I find that walking for 45 minutes at least 5 times per week, and cutting back on sugar help the most. What I do to quench my sweet tooth is keep fat free Cool Whip (1g sugar), sugar free fudgsicles, and bittersweet chocolate chips (6 g sugar) in the house. Gets me through without grabbing something worse. ;-)

Take good care of yourself!
Unread 02-18-2008, 03:45 AM

I had myomectomy 3 weeks ago. I still feel soreness inside but according to my doc, that is normal. Anyways, my concern is, in the morning i feel fine, but in the afternoon, i feel my tummy is about to burst because of bloatedness, thus my tummy is swelling. Is there way to lessen my swelling tummy, or is this normal as well....

Tahara
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:55 AM

Hi tahara_lovey

The myomectomy I had was done vaginally, so I did not have soreness afterwards. I'm guessing yours was done abdominally? Was the reason for the myomectomy fibroids, as in my case? Each situation is unique, so perhaps you had more or larger fibroids, or extenuating factors.

At any rate, if you are still having soreness three weeks afterward and it is concerning you, you may want to call the doctor's office again and ask for their explanation of what is happening. Knowing the physiology of what we are experiencing can make it easier to bear. Did they say how long you can expect the soreness and bloating to continue? They may want to check on how you are healing. If you get a fever, please call them immediately, as that could be a sign of infection. It seems to me you deserve to know roughly how long you can expect to feel as you do.

I will be interested to hear the stories of the sisters who had abdominal myomectomies, and how they dealt with soreness.

My best to you as you try to rest and heal. Kythe
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks Kythe....

i had abdominal myo. and there were 5 myomas taken out from from me, sizes ranging from 12 cm to 5 cm. according to my doc, the swelling would go after 6 weeks or so. and the worst thing--- the gaspains i feel in any part of the day. it is soo killing me. and also, i gained weight a bit. in march 21, it would be 2 months post-op, can i possibly do sit ups? and stretches?

thanks for the reply,

tahara
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM

tahara

Wow, that was a lot for your body to go through. I guess it makes sense that you'd be sore this long. What did the doctor say about when you could resume normal activities? I'm not sure about sit-ups unless you have the go-ahead. In general, it would seem that gentle stretches might be a good way to begin, and taking walks.

As for the gas...are you also passing the gas sometimes? It might help to eat a few spoonfuls of yogurt with each meal to help digestion, and make sure you are drinking a lot of water. If it would help to soften your stools, try taking chewable Vitamin C; once you are saturated with it, your stools will become soft and you can back off on the quantity.

Of course, first and last, get all the rest you can. I hope these little ideas help. Please keep us posted.
Warmly, Kythe
Unread 11-03-2008, 05:47 AM

Hi, newbie here but wanted to shout out. I had 2 abdominal myomectomies, first in Nov.1998 after a miscarraige (had no symptoms with fibroids but could have caused mc) and then again in Feb. 2001 after bleeding was out of control and I was anemic. The 2nd time I was 39 and still holding out hope for a baby. The 2nd time I had adhesions that were horrible and pain pills did not help. The finally broke free after about 5-6 days. I just had to take it real easy with activitiy. In 1998 I made the mistake of reading "the ya-ya sisterhood" and I swear almost popped my gut laughing so hard. So today I am heading to the DR to set an appt for a hyst. I'm 46 and can't be on BC pills because of blood clot issues that almost killed me 5 years ago. The bleeding is horrible on the 2nd day of my period, I can't leave the house it's so bad. And I do not want to get PG at this stage. I'm just not sure what parts to have removed???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register