One Month Left Until Hysterectomy...Still Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One Month Left Until Hysterectomy...Still Scared One Month Left Until Hysterectomy...Still Scared

Unread 03-15-2014, 08:02 PM
One Month Left Until Hysterectomy...Still Scared

My surgery is April 15th. I reminded myself that I have to file a disability claim for this time off of work and it hit me...one month left.

I am still not at peace with this...I still don't want it...I still want kids that I know I can never naturally produce. I know I can adopt and probably will one day, but I wanted to experience pregnancy and having a child.

It seems that everyone I know is having a baby in the next couple of months, so I have not told most of them about the surgery.

I am afraid that I will change. I received the Lupron injection in late January. I am still having some side affects, but not as bad as before.

Lately I noticed that I have no patience. I feel really cranky and anxious. I am not sleeping well. I have nausea and the poops. My bones hurt. I feel really sad

Some days I just sit in my car and scream, cry...have my one way argument with God. I'm pretty sure He forgives me, but I keep having tantrums.

I keep asking for a miracle and PUFFF!!! no surgery. But I know better. The day will be here soon.

Some say that I will feel much better and be able to live a better quality of life. I can't see that right now.

All I know is that something will be missing and I don't want to let it go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Re: One Month Left...Still Scared

I am so sorry that you are really going through. Have you had a second opinion for the surgery?
Is surgery the only option? I pray that you get through this in whatever decision you make.
Unread 03-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Re: One Month Left...Still Scared

Hi Imblessed2,

I did get a second opinion before making the decision to have the surgery.

I also prayed a lot.

I was told my options by my GYN a week before Thanksgiving, but sought out a reproductive endocrinologist and had several tests performed over the next month and a half.

I know that medically this is the right choice, but I am still having a hard time.

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Re: One Month Left Until Hysterectomy...Still Scared

I am so sorry. It is insanely hard to loose your reproductive organs, I fought for a long time to keep mine, it is about the last thing I wanted to happen. Personally, I need my life back, I can't believe how sick I am these days.

I wish you peace with your decision.
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:07 AM

You mentioned you were on Lupron... Do you have endometriosis? Is that the reason for your hysterectomy? I ask because I too have endo...
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:18 AM

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I too had hoped to have a child, but I don't regret my surgery this past Wednesday. I am also surrounded by family and friends who are currently pregnant or recently have had babies. I know that God has a plan for me and that's how I got through it. I pray that you will find peace in whatever decision you make.

Good luck to you!
Unread 03-16-2014, 10:45 AM

Thanks to all of you for the responses.

@Mrs. Lewis, I am taking Lupron to shrink my fibroids before surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register