19th is the day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

19th is the day! 19th is the day!

Unread 04-16-2006, 09:31 PM
19th is the day!

Hi there,
I have been reading and making notes and lists. This place is a great help to me in preparing for my hist coming up Wednesday. Thanks for all the info on getting ready and questions to ask the doc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 06:56 AM
19th is the day!

Hi, although it's been almost 4 years since my hyst, I remember how much better prepared and calmer I felt after I found Hystersisters. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions that you may have. The ladies here are wonderful with sharing info, experiences and support
Best wishes.

S
Unread 04-17-2006, 07:05 AM
19th is the day!

Hi! I too am going in on Wed. I have been waiting since January which at this moment feels like forever! I too am very grateful for this site - it has made me very prepared (of course I still have a mild case of nerves going on). I wish you the very best on your upcoming surgery and hope to hear good things from you on the otherside!
Hugs are going your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2006, 02:24 PM
19th is the day!

I will be thinking of all you 19th sisters, as I have my pre-op that day. Good luck
Unread 04-18-2006, 10:49 AM
19th is the day!

Hi...best wishes tomorrow Hoping for a speedy and uneventful recovery for you. Post when you can,when you are on the other side,take care.
Unread 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM
19th is the day!

Ouch, it is over, I am home and very sore! He left the ovaries and took the rest. He also tied my bladder up the old fashion way, I was very concerned about the material the sling was made of and felt better going with the stitches, tho I realise it may not last as long as the sling.I am finding most pain is gas or constipation, tho sometimes it is hard to tell. I take stool softners with each hydrocodone. I have eaten 2 cans of spinach. My appetite is nil, so I am trying to just eat foods that help my bowels. I am NOT taking the iron because the constipation is so bad. I need to ask him how I can take them without making my bowels worse. My blood count was really low and I really need the iron. I wanted them to just give me a pint or two of iron rich blood, but he decided against it. Wednesday I go back for staple removal. I will have a list of questions then. Thanks for all your support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register