Complex Hyperplasia w/o atypia but doc said pre-cancerous - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complex Hyperplasia w/o atypia but doc said pre-cancerous Complex Hyperplasia w/o atypia but doc said pre-cancerous

Unread 09-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Re: Complex Hyperplasia w/o atypia but doc said pre-cancerous

All the best Starstuff--it will soon be over--get a good night's rest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2009, 06:34 PM

Thanks hysteranne - I'll see you on the other side.
Unread 09-17-2009, 01:51 AM

Good luck - thinking positive thoughts for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2009, 08:49 PM

I was 55 when I had a endometrial biopsy in 3/08 for postmenopausal bleeding that had been going on off and on for about a year. Biopsy came back normal. Everything was ok for a few months, then I started to bleed again, with clots. Went in to the doctors again and he did another biopsy. This time it came back with endometrial hyperplasia, which he said it could be precancerous and that at my age 56, being obese and already thru menopause that a TAH/BSO would probably be the best solution to stop the bleeding. I agreed and on 9/17/08 I had the surgery. I was lucky. When the path report came back I did have endometrial cancer stage 1b. Since I had the surgery both the doctor and the oncoloist say I only need to have followup visits. I've had 2 CT scans since my surgery and everything is ok. I can't believe it has been a year since my surgery. I'm just about up to normal speed again, but sometimes still get a little swolen when I do to much bending. I'm glad I had a doctor that listened to me and was proactive about doing the biopsies. He said after the surgery that he was very surprised that it was cancer, but he was happy with the results of the surgery and the outcome. So I will continue to followup with him and get regular checkups. To the year that has passed and the many to come.
Unread 09-17-2009, 09:03 PM

Fluffy- thanks for sharing your inspriational story.
Unread 09-17-2009, 11:02 PM

Yes, fluffy, thank you for sharing your story!! And congratulations on it being a year.
Unread 09-18-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyandfree View Post
I was 55 when I had a endometrial biopsy in 3/08 for postmenopausal bleeding that had been going on off and on for about a year. Biopsy came back normal. Everything was ok for a few months, then I started to bleed again, with clots. Went in to the doctors again and he did another biopsy. This time it came back with endometrial hyperplasia, which he said it could be precancerous and that at my age 56, being obese and already thru menopause that a TAH/BSO would probably be the best solution to stop the bleeding. I agreed and on 9/17/08 I had the surgery. I was lucky. When the path report came back I did have endometrial cancer stage 1b. Since I had the surgery both the doctor and the oncoloist say I only need to have followup visits. I've had 2 CT scans since my surgery and everything is ok. I can't believe it has been a year since my surgery. I'm just about up to normal speed again, but sometimes still get a little swolen when I do to much bending. I'm glad I had a doctor that listened to me and was proactive about doing the biopsies. He said after the surgery that he was very surprised that it was cancer, but he was happy with the results of the surgery and the outcome. So I will continue to followup with him and get regular checkups. To the year that has passed and the many to come.
Your situation sounds very much like mine; before the biopsy results were even back, I had another bleeding episode. I, too, was lucky to have no cancer in the pathology, but I am glad I had the surgery. Now, at 3 weeks post op today, I just need
to recover, and hope I do as well as you did!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register