1 week to go, nerves kicking in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week to go, nerves kicking in 1 week to go, nerves kicking in

Unread 06-17-2004, 01:14 PM
1 week to go, nerves kicking in

Hello Sisters,

I had a bit of a scare yesterday but it is all taken care of now. I received a call from my primary doctor telling me that the hospital was not on contract with my insurance and that I would have to call another hospital and reschedule. I was livid, I left everything in the buggy at the store and came home to make some phone calls. THe information was wrong, the receptionist or whom ever she is had the files and names mixed up. But I did find out that I needed to go to the ob gyn office and file out an authorization form so they could fax it to the insurance company. Can't they findf competant people to work in these doctors offices. Things wouls run so much better if they did. I am feeling a little better today, still in pain but my nerves have started kicking me very hard. I am all of the sudden realizing that next week I will be having surgery and then I will be in major pain.

I had someone call me that I hadn't spoken to in over a half of year now and she says, oh girl can i trade spaces with you? That's the best thing that you could ever ask for. Why do people open their mouths before they speak? I told her immediately that I had to go because I was in pain and I needed to rest. I was very unhappy after that. I just wish people could say something like well girl i'll be praying for you or I wish you the best is there anything I can do for you or something like that. Stop with all that why are you so down?, that's good no more cycles?... etc........

All I want to do is to get through this and get back to a normal way of living. I want to spend more time with the people that I love. I want to be at peace again. So for all you sisters in waiting know that not everyone is insensitive because I know how it feels.

In my thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2004, 01:22 PM

You'll feel better soon. Getting the whole procedure approved and worked out with insurance can be a little frustrating. My insurance company gave my gyn 3 different stories on what my policy paid for. Finally on the 3rd call they got it right. It will all get worked out don't worry.

As to your friend's comment. Some people just don't know how to react. I can't believe how many people I have met and friends that I have known that have had this procedure done. I would have never known. But it sure is alot. I tell everyone because I am not ashamed of it, and couldn't care less what people think.

I feel like a new woman, and can't wait to feel all better and get on with my new life.

My thoughts are with you. You are in the right place, using this site for support.
Unread 06-17-2004, 01:23 PM

My surgery is Monday and I felt the same way you do last week. I find that now I'm starting to feel calm about the whole thing. I had my pre-op yesterday and had all my questions answered. I'm sure this weekend and Monday morning I'll probably be stressing again though.

I also had a scare yesterday. The hospital that I'm going to is no longer taking HMO insurance after 7/1. When my doctor first looked at my file he said "this is not right and you can't have your surgery on Monday". I almost had a heart attack. After he rechecked and realized the date was okay he said never mind...lol NOT FUNNY!

Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2004, 07:43 PM
Encourgement To Redbutterfly

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to have this added stress with your insurance company....another sister here just e-mailed me the other day and went through the same things as you! I said that insurance companies just live to make other peoples lives difficult. Don't worry, all will work out.

You have friends here for you I have another month and 1/2 and I have days where I just feel like I want to get this over with NOW! But, I started shopping last week to pick up some new things for myself for when I go to the grand castle and when I come home. Makes me feel better.

Hope this helps you. Prayers and good thoughts to you!

Eileen
Unread 06-17-2004, 07:49 PM

You go girls! There IS a rainbow outside the Castle and I'm living proof. I have not felt this great in 4 years! I have energy, I'm happy, I'm NOT bleeding, throwing up or other endless period relating ____! My family is in awe of the new mom! Don't fret the Castle - it is scary but the people there are used to nerves - focus on when it's over! If I knew then what I know now, I would have had done it years ago. Even with the abdominal surgery - I'd do it again in a minute. So pack you bags, clean your house and get ready to feel SO MUCH BETTER!
Unread 06-17-2004, 09:51 PM

Oh my gosh !!! I totally feel your pain. (I'm not yet a real princess, just a lady in waiting myself). I have been freaking out all week and making phone calls because the hospital where I'm going to have my surgery called my house (even though they have my work number) Friday and left a message with my daughter.

I've been making phone call after phone call at work trying to straighten this hole thing out. They've actually been really nice about it in the referral part of the hospital. Let's see how far it follows through though. So far it has been pretty bad. I've basically had to hold the doctor's offices hand and shake it with the insurance company. The bad part is that we women don't really know what hoops we are supposed to jump through until they tell us.

I found out that my insurance had changed (primary to secondary) and this changed everything about my doctor. So far my surgery is still set for the 28th of June. I wish you the best butterfly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register