7 Day Post Op Appt & Released by Doc-Is This Normal? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 Day Post Op Appt & Released by Doc-Is This Normal? 7 Day Post Op Appt & Released by Doc-Is This Normal?

Unread 11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Re: 7 Day Post Op Appt & Released by Doc-Is This Normal?

I love my clinic and doctor so much after reading this. I got a phone call from the nurse just to check on how I'm doing so far at 4 days post op. I have a 2 week checkup and a 6 week checkup for a LAVH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2009, 11:30 AM

The docs. that don't do many follow-ups probably have one main motivation: money. They way it works with insurance companies 99.9% of the time is that the doc. contracts with them for a certain fee and that fee includes a certain amount of time where the doc. has to give free followups for appointments that are either related to post op or a certian period of time after post op (mine was 90 days.)
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:16 PM

Hi!

My experience was similar in that my 2.5 week post-op check-up was spectacularly uneventful and the doctor just looked at my incision and that was it. Every time she lifted herself off her seat to end her 5-minute consultation, I asked her a question so by the time she had bobbed up and down three times I decided to give her a break and leave as she obviously likes to just "cut and run" (excuse the pun) and not engage in too much patient/doctor feedback!

She advised not going back to work for 4-5 weeks, no mention of sex or other activities, no checking of cuff and stitches, etc. After reading about all the after-care posts on this site, I though that perhaps my experience was different because I'm in Australia and maybe that's the way it's done down here. Anyway, I have a very good GP (General Practitioner = primary care doctor) and my husband suggested going to him in a couple of weeks for a check up if I feel I need to, which probably is a good idea.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your experience, Carrie, but a little bit relieved that I'm not the only one in that situation ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2009, 05:29 AM

I had a LSH on the 27th of Oct. and went in for my post op yesterday. It went very well. My GYN is very detailed. He had the pics of my uterus before and after. Told me all he did. Did an internal examination and a pap smear. He told me what my insides look like as far as the healing, said it was very clean and is healing properly. He also told me if I felt up to it I could return to work on Monday, I opted out for that. He said that's fine it's your body and you can only do what you can tolerate. He encourage walking on the treadmill as tolerated. He said no sex for two more weeks. No exercise for two weeks that involves use of abdominal muscles that's pretty much leaves me with only walking on the treadmill. I have another appt with my primary dr. today (post op). He'll check all the other stuff. After this appt pending on all things going well. I will not see them until next year unless I have issues. I don't have a problem with that. As long as they have answered all my questions and I'm not rushed. They are pretty thorough, sometimes it's like they are reading my mind. They answer before I get a chance to ask. Excellently dr's.
Unread 11-14-2009, 03:36 PM

Buck 1600

Sorry to hear your struggle with your doctor. My doctor was very good about answering all my questions, and didn't rush out. I didn't have an internal examine, but after talking to him about how good I was feeling he didn't seem concerned. Because I am an oncolgy patient I will be going back every 3 month's for the next 2 years to get retested for cancer. He will probably check me over fairly well in Jan. at my next appointment. I did not have any complications either, so probably there wasn't a need to come back sooner, I am patiently (not really) waiting to return to a normal intimate relationship with my DH. Waiting 2 more weeks before I try, although I am ready now. I think you will find a lot of good answers on this site. Its been great, but don't get yourself too worried, but do call the doctor if you have any problems. Blessings to you!!

April
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM

Buck1600,
I sure hope that you have contacted your doctor. If your GYN doesn't call you back with in reason, call your GP. I had a simular issue with the first doctor before the surgery. My second doctor and I are doing wonderful, thankful the staff there is large, including a couple of PA's that answer and prescribe medicines when needed.
Best healing wishes,
Roxy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register