The Positives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Positives The Positives

Unread 10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
The Positives

Something we don't hear a lot of are the positive aspects we have experienced post hysterectomy. I would love to hear whether your hysterectomy has made a positive difference in your life.

I am waaaay post-op from my hysterectomy in 2001, but I just had a laproscopic BSO five weeks ago, and while they were in there they removed a bunch of scar tissue, cysts and other problems.

After the first surgery and recovery, I felt much better, but still had some pain. Since the second surgery, I feel soooo much better than I have in many years! I stand up straight again (no more hunching into my belly!) and I've been able to work in my garden and go for long walks. Also (and this may be a little TMI for some) I have had the first pain-free sex of my entire life. I am so happy I had the surgery!

How about you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 01:26 PM
The Positives

I am actually happy to hear that you've had pain free sex ....I am looking forward to that also. I had LAVH and BSO last Wed, 10/17. I am not feeling better than ever yet. I hope that will happen sooner than later.
Take care! Let me hear from you soon.
Unread 10-25-2007, 01:32 PM
The Positives

I hit the 6 week mark today !!!!!!!!!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wow -- what a difference -- I actually felt it in the hospital since no extra weight pulling me down -- not having to wear 3 pads because of overflow issues.

DH is getting anxious of the ok to play -- guess that is my next bridge to cross.

Would I do this surgery again - ABSOLUTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
The Positives

The positives so far are: Well I got that cancer out of my body! I got the adhesions and new endo out of my body, I got the fibroids out of my body, But the most important thing is I have never felt closer to my husband. I had some issues before because of past experiences and I guess I had my guard up. Not anymore. This man has been a saint. Who else would change your catheter bags for you for a week so you didn't have to bend and do it? I feel like God gave me this cancer to teach me what a loving husband I have and that I have a truly beautiful marriage. I know this probably sounds weird to say, but I must say even though I am in pain physically still I feel like my heart has never felt better inside. Knowing how precious life is and how family is supportive of me is amazing. I have been blessed with a great family and God let me get rid of my cancer early.

Janelle
Unread 10-25-2007, 02:15 PM
The Positives

I am only a week post-op and I am having some minor issues, but I stood up straight without wincing for the first time today! I know that this was the right decision and I am glad I did it, just have to let myself heal the right way - slowly I know that the pain I'm feeling now (which is better than before surgery) will pass. Best wishes to everyone for an easy recovery!
Unread 10-25-2007, 02:16 PM
The Positives

Janelle your gratitude made me cry. Very beautifully said, and I am sending you continued love and light.

I am grateful as well.
Unread 10-25-2007, 04:10 PM
The Positives

1. No more tampons or pads everyday !!!

2. No more peroxiding cloths to get stains out !!!

3. NO MORE PERIODS !!!

4. Feeling better than I have in years !!!

5. Pain free sex , so that means that's better than before !!!

There are probably lots more reasons but those are probably the most important ones!!!

To all that are waiting , here's hoping a speedy recovery!!!
Unread 10-25-2007, 06:09 PM
The Positives

I'm only in week 10. Each day I think I realize something that is better since the surgery. Today it was being able to hold my pee!! Its the small things that make life good!!
I have to say that, like Janelle, this has made me realize anew just how lucky I am. DH has always been a great guy but I was kinda worried how he'd manage with me being down. He cooked, he cleaned, he changed the dressing on my open incision, he patted me on the head when I was going through all that stupid emotional stuff, and never once acted overwhelmed or stressed or annoyed.
Life really is good
Unread 10-25-2007, 06:18 PM
The Positives

sbwiserthanu - It's worth the wait, I promise!

Lisa & Brenda & Happy4All & April - I am so glad you are feeling great!

Janelle - All I can say is "Wow!" You are truly inspiring. It sounds like you're well on your way to a wonderful new cancer-free life!
(And I know what you mean about having a wonderful husband. I wouldn't trade mine for a check the size of the national debt!)

thatcher - It gets easier and better every week post-op. Just take it slow and easy and keep the positive attitude.

I have a friend who just found out she is going to have a hysterectomy, and she had not heard enough women say that it was a good thing for them. So thank you and a big to you all!
Unread 10-25-2007, 06:24 PM
The Positives

Hey I will keep it simple. I am happy that I had TAH/BLADDER SUSPENSION because now when I laugh or sneeze I don't pee in my pants. I am happy I had it because I won't suffer anymore awful/horrible periods. I am happy that my 6 weeks off just convinced me what I already knew... that I have "A GOOD MAN" because he did put up with me (he took off work 4 weeks to be with me)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register