Young hysterectomy patients | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Young hysterectomy patients Young hysterectomy patients

Unread 08-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Young hysterectomy patients

Hi I'm new to this and tbh I was amazed by how little websites and/or rooms there are dedicated to a.hysterectomy and b.younger women going through it.can u point me in the right direction as talking tO someone who doesnt constantly look at you/listen to u with pity etched in there face n voice would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Re: Young hysterectomy patients

I think the more you post, you will find younger people like yourself. There was a girl a day or two ago that posted that she was 25. You can find people like that but it may take some time. I don't know if there is a section for different ages.
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Yeah, the ol' pity smile... I'm not young but I'm not old either (36- but I'm incredibly immature for my age). we're here!! There's a post from a few weeks ago here that gathers some of the younger members of HS for a role call and a bit of a b***h session about how insensitive people can be. Everybody here, young and not so young, is wonderful, though, so welcome!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2011, 11:10 PM

I'm 32 and I dont think it would matter if I was 72, Its still scary it still is being done for a reason and it still makes me a little sad.
Unread 08-14-2011, 12:37 AM

i turned 30 on July 19. i am 4 days post op LSH.. @Aprilynn... i try thinking of the reason it's being done and it makes me feel a little better..
Unread 08-14-2011, 01:17 AM

I'm 31 and I know there are many other younger women dealing with this that can also commiserate with what you are going through. I had surgery Aug 8th and it hasn't been easy. I do know, that it will get better.

You won't find pity hear, just a lot of women who are dealing with similar situations and fears. I have loved the support and help I've found on this site, and I think you will enjoy the strength, information, and support that this site and all the women on it have to offer!

Huggs!
Unread 08-14-2011, 06:31 AM

I will be 26 tomorrow and have a total hysterectomy the following Tuesday (23rd) and I have felt the exact same way. The ladies are right it may take a couple of posts but this website has pleased me greatly. I'll be looking for your posts.
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:38 AM

I just turned 32, and I still feel young. I'm going in for a TAH on the 16th of Sept. I've found this place to be a wonderful help, especally on the days I hear comments about how I'm too young for this.

One thing I say to people, "You're only as young as you feel. Somedays I feel 50, other days I feel 5."
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:16 PM

I am 29 and I go in for a total hyster on thursday. O so scared and nervous!
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:37 PM

Hi

Im 36 and due to have a TAH with one ovary removed, Appendix removed, drilling of remaining ovary and severe scar tissue dealt with.

My Op is scheduled for 26th August, Im starting to get nervous and feel too young for this too

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register