Scared to pieces | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared to pieces Scared to pieces

Unread 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Scared to pieces

I had my preop yesterday and am scheduled for the davinci total hysterectomy on Tuesday. I made the grave mistake of watching You Tube to see how it is done. I feel sick and almost want to chicken out....

OMG.... does everyone think it is worth it in the end?

I really do need some encouragement as my stomach is in knots!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Re: Scared to pieces

I absolutely feel my surgery was worth it! Its perfectly acceptable to be scared. Remember, they wouldn't let your doctor/surgeon do any medical procedure unless they are well qualified. Big hugs!...and try not to watch any more surgery videos ;-)
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Scared to pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredchic View Post
I had my preop yesterday and am scheduled for the davinci total hysterectomy on Tuesday. I made the grave mistake of watching You Tube to see how it is done. I feel sick and almost want to chicken out....

OMG.... does everyone think it is worth it in the end?

I really do need some encouragement as my stomach is in knots!
I am sitting here smiling because I did the same thing......the dreaded YouTube videos. My husband caught me watching it and told me all I was going to do was scare myself He was so right. I was scheduled for a LAVH but ended up with a TAH lol. So all that worry I caused myself ended up for nothing Fear is a natural response. If asked would I do it again. No to the YouTube but a big YES to the hysterectomy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM

I googled everything, watched every video, backed out twice. My dr finally grounded me from thr computer. It totally consumed me. Everytime I sat down, I found myself googling again. And all the fear was for nothung! I woke up from surgery feeling great. Never had any pain, no gas pains nothing.....ot was so easy. I was driving dns shopping in a couple days, back in my normal tight jeans.....I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I am still very careful not to lift anything or bend.....those are big no no's. You will be fine. It was such a relief when it was over....and I realized I was so scared for nothing
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the warnings because I was just about to watch it. I am also having a Davinci. I won't watch it. I know I am already on the verge of panic. Instead I watched the spine surgery that I had an it was AWFUL! No wonder I was in pain. At least that one is behind me.
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadeb1990 View Post
I googled everything, watched every video, backed out twice. My dr finally grounded me from thr computer. It totally consumed me. Everytime I sat down, I found myself googling again. And all the fear was for nothung! I woke up from surgery feeling great. Never had any pain, no gas pains nothing.....ot was so easy. I was driving dns shopping in a couple days, back in my normal tight jeans.....I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I am still very careful not to lift anything or bend.....those are big no no's. You will be fine. It was such a relief when it was over....and I realized I was so scared for nothing
Thank you so much! It does make me feel better hearing the good stories, calms my nerves a lot. Was yours a total, cervix and all? That is what mine is, although they plan to leave the ovaries.
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:44 AM

Thank you all for your support. It really does help. I really am scared and have just 4 days left to wait. I have antibiotic to use internally for the next 5 days and then a special body scrub for 3 days before. I also have to do the bowel prep..... are all of you doing these things as well?
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:56 AM

Scaredchic, it depends on the doctor and the hospital (and maybe the hospital) on what you have to do. I know I have a bowel prep. I'm not sure if I have to do a body scrub or not yet (I have my hospital pre-op tomorrow).

I once watch part of a video of a vasectomy surgery for work. Having seen that, I knew I didn't want to watch a hysterectomy video. I'm thankful I'll be out of it for the surgery and won't know what's going on.

I think we're all nervous. We'll get through it.
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:11 PM

I didn't have pre-op antibiotics. I had to do two bowel enemas the day before and one hibiclens shower the night before surgery, another the morning of surgery. I was also on a clear liquid diet starting at lunch the day before surgery, fasting after midnight.
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:33 PM

I am in the same boat. Only mine isn't till 7-12. Had preop today. went well.All very nice and calming. I had a d&c on 5-22.I was scared of that too. Piece of cake. I know deep down this will be ok too but , I have a hard time waiting. Just want it done and over. Have had heavy bleeding and some hyperplasi. All needs to come out. I am having the davinci. They say that takes a little longer because of all the prep and set up.Anyone else hear that? Does anyone know how long you war in the operating room from start to finish? I have to be on clear liquids day before and a fleet in eve. No eating after midnight. Does anyone know how to make time fly?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register