Having weird dreams.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having weird dreams.... Having weird dreams....

Unread 03-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Having weird dreams....

Lately, since scheduling my surgery, I've been having dreams of being pregnant and giving birth. The weird thing is, is that I wake up actually feeling the pain, due to my wonderful endo. Anyone else have weird dreams like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Having weird dreams....

I had several dreams about being pregnant and having a child after I scheduled my surgery - I don't have any kids and had never had a dream where I told someone I was pregnant or was having a baby, so it seemed a little strange when I had it after learning it would never really happen. I woke up crying because I felt sad about not being able to have any babies.

Cat
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Having weird dreams....

Good morning,
I haven't had any of the dreams like you are describing, but I have been having some pretty off the wall ones. And as I get closer to my date, I am having an increasingly hard time sleeping.
I hope your dreams pass and that you are able to have nothing but pleasant ones from here on out...
I'll talk to the Sandman and see if we can work something out....
Hugs
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 09:18 AM
dreams

Hi ladies

I recall having some majorly weird dreams before surgery. I summed it up to just my subconscious going on over-drive. The strangest one I had was that I found out that my one and only brother had a "secret hysterectomy", lol! Yep, sure enough, he finally fessed up and went on and on about how much better he felt after having the "secret surgery"... LOL Oh well, like I said, my mind evidently couldn't shut off long enough for me to sleep!

It is quite normal to have really odd dreams before surgery. I've not had one weird one since post-op...so, just know they won't last forever. Try and do everything you know to relax as much as possible before your surgeries, you'll need as much strength as you can muster up.

Have a great day Sisters....

Hugz,
Reety
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Having weird dreams....

I HAD DREAMS OF GIVING BIRTH BEFORE MY SURGERY....WE HAVE ONE DAUGHTER.

I GUESS SOMEWHERE IN OUR MINDS THE IDEA OF NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN IS ROAMING AROUND........I ALSO HAD WEIRD DREAMS OF BEING IN THE OPERATING ROOM.....ONE WAS THE DR TOOK EVERYTHING OUT......LEFT ME OPEN WITH A HUGE HOLE .....TOLD ME HE WAS FIXING THE STUFF.......SENT ME HOME AND TOLD ME THAT ONCE HE GOT DONE WITH IT....HE WOULD CALL ME ........AND I COULD COME BACK AND HE WOULD PUT IT BACK IN.......I WAITED ALL DAY AND HE NEVER DID CALL.......LOL

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

THE WORST PART FOR ME WAS THE WAITING!
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Having weird dreams....

Had to laugh Missy! Sounds more like an auto mechanic than a Dr!! hehehe Thanks! I needed that this morning!
s
Unread 03-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Having weird dreams....

My weird dreams have related to post-hysterectomy responsibilities. Last night I dreamed that I'd just had surgery in the morning and was expected to drive, do housework, laundry, etc. For some reason, I just continued with all these chores, though constantly told everyone I wasn't supposed to do them. When I tried to explain to a friend that I'd just had surgery that morning, she giggled! What a nightmare!
Unread 03-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Having weird dreams....

Thanks for all the laughs and now I know I'm not the only one. The funny thing with my last dream about having triplets is that my hubby was going to be a stay at home dad!! HAHAHA... revenge!!! )
Unread 03-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Having weird dreams....

I had lots of weird dreams both before and after (probably the anaesthetic working its way through my system). After the op I was nauseus for quite a while - just mild don't worry, but was having trouble finding a med to relieve it. I awoke on the 3rd morning with the answer. It was so obvious - I was pregnant and I was experiencing morning sickness! I very concerned that I'd been taking 'zofran' etc and the effect it was going to have on my baby. So realistic.

Claire
PS: Loved the triplet story.
Unread 03-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Having weird dreams....

Same dreams here. Had one just after I found out about my surgery, a beautful baby girl.. broke my heart one more time. I know somewhere on 'Friends without faces' here were threads on this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register