when prolapse comes all the way out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when prolapse comes all the way out when prolapse comes all the way out

Unread 04-22-2004, 09:37 PM
when prolapse comes all the way out

Ok I am real chatty tonight.......percocet! I feel like running a marathon Since I have severe prolapse and am waiting till the 5th for a US,the 19th for a follow up appointment and who knows how long till they can schedule surgery........my question is......what happens if my cervix/uterus and other parts come completely out?? Can I hemorage? will it damage my vaginal walls.......this cant be good because they are very concerned with keeping everything in place. I am scared. I have been keeping a measure on how low my cervix is by how far my finger goes in to touch it. It was the whole finger. 6 days later it is half the finger. Things seem to be moving down really fast. I am still working(part time) and I am a mother of 3 kids. It is nearly impossible to stay off my feet all the time especially since I dont know how many months that can end up being. I have a very loving hubby who does everything he can to help out and my mother is staying with us. I still cant just stay off my feet. Anyone who can educate me more please send it my way. I have searched the net till I am blind. I would like to hear from people who have went through this. Thanks for all of you putting up with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 10:36 PM

Hi Lesa Please try not to worry too much, just follow your DR's orders (I assume you were told no heavy lifting?). You've got quite a ways to go yet.

I guess either I was completely oblivious or my prolapse happened really suddenly, or both... but the first time I noticed it, my cervix was already half an inch to an inch outside my body, and the best I could do was push it back in maybe half an inch or so. When I did that, as soon as I started walking, it came back out again.

When my DR saw it she scheduled the hyst for a week and a half later. She did tell me that I could hemmorhage if it evaginated (turned inside out), so I should avoid heavy lifting and either call her or go to the ER if it came out a lot more. I was very careful, and it didn't. I did get some relief from spending a few minutes a day on an inversion table while I was waiting.

What type of surgery are you having? I had A&P repairs with my TVH because my bladder and rectum had also prolapsed, which meant I had trouble with stress incontinence and had to push the back wall of my vagina in in order to have a bowel movement (called "splinting").

I think running a marathon is out for the time being.

s,
-Linda
Unread 04-22-2004, 10:52 PM

Lesa,
Hi. Mine is really low also. My NP told me to push it in if it falls out!!

Nobody has ever said anything can happen if it protrudes out. To my knowledge, the worst that happens is bladder infections. Your doctor should be able to tell you more.

I also have 3 children, and am always doing something. Spring has sprung, as they say and I've been doing a lot of yard work, gardening, weeding, etc. It hasn't fallen out yet, so I'm surprised relieved and confused.

Hang in there, sweetie. Hopefully, they will not make you wait too long for surgery. I have found that being a little assertive with your questions and imput to your doctor and nurse always helps. Ask all the questions you need till your mind is at ease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2004, 11:02 PM

Hi...I just had my hysterectomy April 5 th and I spent the day today weed eatting my garden..ALREADY !! I feel fantastic and I am being careful with my self
3 weeks ago I was doing the same getting ready for my long recovery but my uterus was stage 3 hanging out of me..ahhh It was gross.I had to wear tight panties and kotex for 2 months while I got ready for the surgery.It felt alot like a dry tampon falling out..yuk !! I'm so happy its gone !!
It ended up to be a blessing in disguise for me.Now I have everything out ...All of which might have given me cancer.I don't have to put up with that menopause ups and downs.I feel better about taking HRTs and they make me feel so much better.
aww Hang in there !! You'll feel so much better soon and as long as your careful til your surgery..you'll be fine.I worried about the same thing and I even had some spotting but the day came fast and I'm dry tampon free..haha It feels great.
Hugz Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register