Surgery soon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Surgery soon

I am sooo nervous about tomorrow! I've been on a liquid diet so far today, with the dreaded golytely when I return home from work tonight. Three people in our house and one bathroom.

After cleaning, cooking (stuffed shells, lasagna, enchiladas, chicken noodle soup, lasagna soup, egg salad, tuna salad, turkey noodle casserole), baking (6 doz cookies, cake, brownies), doing laundry, mowing the lawn, and pulling weeds this weekend, I am exhausted. Was up between 2 and 5 this morning with a terrible headache. I couldn't remember if I was allowed to take anything, so I didn't. Was 1/2 hour late for work this morning, then left 1/2 hour after that to go to the hematologist. Bright spot of the day: my hemoglobin is up to 11.6!! Got my LAST (hopefully) period on the first and it is going out with a bang.

I am so nervous that I don't even need a bowel prep tonight!

My advice to others is not to go to work the day before if you can help it; I am so worked up I'm useless today, thinking of all the things I still need to do at home and worrying because it's a big surgery. My husband suggested I get a manicure and pedicure tomorrow morning to keep my mind off things, but that seems like a waste since I can't have any nail polish. His plan B is to "walk around Costco". Whoopee!

Good luck to the other 5/5 ladies. If I can, I will give my probably TMI-filled golytely account later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Re: Tomorrow is the big day! Exhausted and Scared

Dear Stickers, You really sounds like you have prepared well even if it feels like there is more you would like to do. I didn't much care for the liquid diet day so I was actually pretty ready to go to the hospital the next morning. For sure I didn't want to eat any more jello or soup broth! I wish you the best as you go in tomorrow. Let us know how it goes!
Unread 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Hi Stickers,
I too am heading to the castle tomorrow my hystie is scheduled for 7:30 AM. I did the bowel prep about two hours ago and things are starting to move
Like you I did all the yard work at our campsite to get it all pretty. I talked my DH into going there during my second and third week of recovery he's taken three weeks off of work to be my cabana-boy!
Wish you a speedy recovery see you on the post-op side in a couple of days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2009, 12:52 PM

Hi Stickers,

I will be sending prayers for you that everything goes well. I was thinking of getting a manicure and pedicure before my surgery too and then I found out that they don't want your nails painted because they need to see how your circulation is doing. Have you thought of getting a massage instead?

I don't know what time of day my surgery is scheduled for yet as I am about a month out, but I was thinking of scheduling a massage a couple of days before just to take the edge off and get into a relaxed mindset.

Good luck to you whatever you do.

Also, good luck with the prep work!
Unread 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM

beachwakingwoman, how's your prep going? Did you do the golytely? A wonderful co-worker of mine told me about an hour ago that her friend is having a hyst today and vomited several times with the golytely. Nice.

I've been chilling mine for 48 hours and I have a straw. The smallest 8oz container I have is my 1 cup measuring cup, so I am going to use that. Maybe I can psych myself into thinking it's not that much. It certainly will look like less than if the same amount were in my 2 cup measuring cup.

I also bought some apple juice to swish around my mouth after each 8 oz. This is not going to be fun.

People around me are eating salsa and chips at their desks. How rude.
Unread 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM

Oh I thought about a massage, but they would have to use the table for Pregnate woman as I can't lie on my stomach flat. The fibroids are to big and to many, it would be really painful for me to lie on my stomach.
Unread 05-04-2009, 02:50 PM

Yep, tomorrows my castle day too. How about sending some of those meals my way? LOL
I got lucky, I dont have to do a prep or anything...just nothing after 10pm (food or drink....which stinks cuz I cannot go to bed without my glass of water! lol)
Wondering though....I have had chronic sinus and ear infections my entire life, probably since I was 2 years old. Although I don't have a sinus infection right now, I feel another ear infection coming on. Wondering if thats going to be a problem??? I am NOT about to tell the doc until after my surgery that my ear hurts...I could not BEAR to have this rescheduled!!! But I dont think it should be a problem, since they will be giving me IV antibiotics anyways tomorrow?
Unread 05-04-2009, 04:06 PM

Good Luck to everyone going to the castle tomorrow. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow! I will be going to the castle Wednesday so we can all recover together!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register