Uh...what is this coming out of my va-jay-jay? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uh...what is this coming out of my va-jay-jay? Uh...what is this coming out of my va-jay-jay?

Unread 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Uh...what is this coming out of my va-jay-jay?

Ok, so here I am 1 week post-op (WOOHOO!) and I am going to take a shower. Well, I wash and when I go to rinse off, I go to rinse my little lady and I decide to make sure it's really rinsed since I didn't have excruciating pain down there right now. As I did I felt something that wasn't there prior to my surgery! Is it swollen or something? I had the sling with my LSH...I know that they make an incision in the vagina, but I don't really know where and I wasn't expecting to feel this after my surgery.

Is this normal? Let me know if you need more details...I didn't really know how much to give. I will be away from my computer for a while, I have parent teacher conferences to go to today. Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:12 PM

Hi, I too had a bladder sling. They do make two incisions just below the pubic line for the bladder sling. I noticed being very swollen returning home from the hospital, March 1. I'm still swollen; but the swelling has gone down significally. I hope that is what you are feeling. Hopefully someone esle can help.
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:09 PM

I got the TOT (transobturator ) Bladder sling and have a entry point on each side of the groin about the level of the clitoris. If you had the TVT is is just below the pubic line. So they thread the mesh from one point to the other under the bladder. There are several good links with illustrations on google if you do a TOT or TVT search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:27 PM

It could be swelling, but if you aren't sure and it concerns you, you might want to give your doctor a call. (psssst.....it's ok to say vagina here. )
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:48 PM
urethral sling

I have swelling within the vagina from a/p repairs as well as urethral sling. I have to small areas which are "superglued" right at the level of the urethra. Maybe that is what you are feeling. It never hurts to ask your doctor. Mine is great about answering those type of questions. Hope this helps

Pam
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:48 PM

Yes, I have two small incisions on each side of my groin, about level with the clitoris. I've looked at illustrations but it doesn't show where the incision in the vagina is located it just says that there is an incision in the vagina. It just shocked me, I was rinsing off and my fingers ran over something that felt like what I was feeling when I was checking to see how far my cervix has prolapsed. I freaked out! I thought my cervix fell out! I got out of the shower and grabbed a mirror! It looks swollen, but I don't know what a cervix looks like either. I had my husband check it out (he was MORE than happy to! LOL) and I told him to feel how weird it felt inside (again, the pleasure was all his!). He said it just felt tight...and he threw in that he wouldn't mind if stayed that way. But he didn't say that it felt different. I KNOW it didn't feel like that before! Men....grrrr. I will monitor it for a few days and if it is swelling, it should go down just a little by Monday. If it doesn't, I will call and ask.

Thanks for your support!
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:16 PM

I am glad your husband does not mind looking. Mine says "I'll wait till all of the stitches and swelling goes down". I think the catheter freaked him out even though I have not had it since Sunday.
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:26 PM

Trinity, my incision in the is just inside the entry to the vagina.

Here are some illustrations

http://www.miklosandmoore.com/TOT.php
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:53 PM

That was great Nicole! Thank you so much!!! I have the Monarc sling, and according to that website it is a TOT sling.
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:56 PM

Mine feels different also. I thought holy cow they had messed up something on me. I can feel all the stitches and see them with a mirror. I hope its not always going to feel this. I am fours weeks with TVT. I could not get my husband to look ans I tried to get him to. It kinds feels like a knot are something I cant explain it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register