Attack of the 50 foot comedome lol Tazorac anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Attack of the 50 foot comedome lol Tazorac anyone? Attack of the 50 foot comedome lol Tazorac anyone?

Unread 06-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Attack of the 50 foot comedome lol Tazorac anyone?

Another weird question from me here ol reliable in the strange question department lol. I started breaking out after I had my surgery and I think it is due to the hormones. However I am not totally sure. I never had bad skin before and this is really distressing to me. So I had to take my DS in for a checkup yesterday for school and I asked the doc about it. He gives me this gel called Tazorac and said to apply it daily and I should see results fairly quickly. Has anyone ever used this gel? I read alot of side effects on it, like dry, peeling skin and sensitivity. If no one has used the gel did any one have breakouts after surgery? If so what did you do to get it under contol? Currently I use dove facial soap and Neutogena simply glowing cream. I have some of those on the spot acne treatments but I have too many spots! It kind of appears like a rash only its not. And I have a few true zits on my chin( gross out, I thought this was a teen worry not now!) Is this payback for having good skin when I was younger lol? (kidding) Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2005, 10:16 AM
PIMPLES AT 31

My skin also has gone crazy. I woke up this morning with total pizza face.....I feel like I'm 12 again!!!! I did have bad skin when I was young but I had been using "proactive"...you see it on T.V. I've been using it for 1 year and it's been great....I finally had great skin. With the pain med's and fatigue I've really not used it at all for the last 3 week....now I'm paying for it.

Sorry I have never used that cream but my skin is extremely sensitive and I can't use to many of the over the counter products because they dry me out way to much.

I hope it works for you....sincerely from one pimple face to another....(LMAO)
Unread 06-02-2005, 10:32 AM

My face has also been breaking out. I too have always had good skin and now I find myself looking at all the acne products in the store.I've been asking my grown daughters for advice,they both use proactive but I don't want to get started on that. I go for my 6 wk check-up today, maybe I'll mention it to the Dr. I'm on Estratest hs and acne is a side effect, I don't have it that bad,just enough to bug me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2005, 10:47 AM

Unfortunately, I have always had problems with breakouts, at least when not on the pill & those are now a thing of the past. I can highly recommend Clinique products for acne prone skin. They are somewhat pricey so I have also used Aveeno moisturizer for blemish prone skin and Neutrogena for blemish prone & aging skin. My dermatologist recommended the Neutrogena & I love it. Be sure to get the cleanser and moisturizer with salicylic acid and alpha hydroxy acid. SA for blemishes, AHA for aging skin & in my case, age spots. It really does work. Be sure to use sunscreen (Neutrogena also has those in SPF 30 & 45 that won't clog pores). The SA & AHA will make your skin more sensitive to sun then you are used to.
Unread 06-02-2005, 01:12 PM

I never had acne until I was in my 30's and have had adult acne for the last 10 years, which got really bad with perimenopause a couple of years ago. I have used just about all the gels and creams from the dermatologist and I use Tazorac now, and have no problem. I am also taking tetracycline, which helps me a lot. I tried Pro-active and it didn't work for me. I also agree with mountngrl, I use Clinique makeup (fragrance free) and my dermatologist also recommended all the Neutrogena products, I use the lotions and sunscreens. My dermatologist also did blood work, my acne is hormone related, so I was hoping having the steadiness of HRT would be better than the ups and downs of perimenopause. Hope you find a solution that works for you, it's such a pain when you don't feel good and look in the mirror to see you don't look good either.
Unread 06-02-2005, 02:34 PM

I have always had acne my whole life. But after my surgery, my face completely cleared up. I am on estrogen HRT and it hasn't hurt my complexion.

I use Neutrogena bar soap for acne prone skin and then follow with "Proactiv" facial products.

Have you considered talking to your doc? Maybe they could give you something for problem skin.

Good Luck!
Unread 06-02-2005, 05:19 PM

Additional note: My dermatologist told me not to use benzoil peroxide (sp?) because it was too drying and my skin too sensitive. It's advertised a lot but not for sensitive or older skin (I'm 41, I guess my doc thinks that's 'older').
Unread 06-02-2005, 06:00 PM

I was prescribed Tazorac by a dermatologist, and it only made my problems worse. It DID keep me from breaking out, but all of the bumps hovered under the skin, making me look rashy. That was three years ago, and the rough texture remains today. I hate it! I have found all of the Dove Skin Essentials products do work for mt, though. Believe me, I know how embarassing and gross it is. I just want to go one month out of my life without acne!
Vanessa
Unread 06-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Thats how mine is too rashy like its just under the skin wanting to come to a head. I do have a few true zits on my chin and blackheads along with large pores. Ugh! I started the Tazorac last night, but now I am concerned that it won't get rid of that rashy looking stuff on my forehead. Sigh. It said on the instuctions May make skin worse appearing for 4 weeks then it gets better. What! No way do I want to look WORSE for 4 weeks! I have also heard alot of good things about clinique, I was wondering, Is there a package of sorts (like with Mary Kay) where I get get cleansers, mosturizers, and a foundation for a bundle price or is it all separate? About how much? $50? $100? Thanks for everyones replies. Hey now that I think of it, are there any home remedies for acne that are proven? Like herbal or natural stuff?
Unread 06-04-2005, 09:47 AM

jujub26

go to www.clinique.com and you can find cliniques acne solution set. their web site is great. i usually get delivered in 2-3 days & i live in the boonies. i don't like shopping the dept store counters because so many of the sales ladies are pushy & i end up with more than i need or really want. clinique.com has a skin analysis you can use to determine what products you need. i really like the acne facial foam wash (i'm not sure that's exactly what it's called). like i said, i usually use the neutrogena now & have really good results with it (my dermatologist recommended it) & it has the same active ingredient in it. cliniques does seem to be stronger though & will dry my skin if i use it continually so i use it when needed & use the neutrogena daily.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register