Got my Date - Now the Wait !! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my Date - Now the Wait !! Got my Date - Now the Wait !!

Unread 05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Got my Date - Now the Wait !!

Hi All-

I just returned for the Dr and got my date July 26th, 2006 -- I cannot wait - It seems so long to wait but I am sure that it will be worth the wait.

Any advice for the waiting game would be great!!!

Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2006, 02:19 PM

Hi Heath! I would say to keep busy, very busy. Get all your stuff in order ie sick pay, medical insurance, as well as getting some meals frozen ahead. Get your home in order-there is some advice here on how to set up your room for post-op-not just sure where (brain is a little scrambled today). I also put a pen and pad of paper beside my computer so I could jot down any questions for the Dr., any advice from the ladies here, and lists of stuff to do. I guess I'm a little off the beaten path, but I made myself a file folder called: my medical stuff, and stored all my papers and info in there, but now I have all my sick pay forms handy for the Dr. to fill out, names and numbers of people I talked to about it and bullet points of the conversations. I even got my gardens ready to plant, the seeds and plants bought but stored inside yet (I'm from N. Ontario and can't plant until first weekend in June-DD will help). Anyway, I just haven't had time to get nervous until just the last two days and even yesterday's nervousness was mitigated by the fact that I went to my son-law's grad dinner, but it was a 2 1/2 hour drive away, so that was even busy.
Some ladies have also suggested preparing stuff to do for after the surgery ie scrapbooking, puzzles, crafts, whatever you like to do and just haven't had time for. Get the supplies ahead of time and put them all together in your "recovery" area so that its all handy for you to do as you feel up to it.
Hope I've given you some ideas. Time will actually fly by (when you look back) and your day will be here before you know it. Take care,
Unread 05-15-2006, 02:28 PM

I feel for you. My date is not until Aug so it seems forever as well. More time for pain and for worry. Also though more time to prepare. So we can both hang in there together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2006, 02:35 PM

Hi Heath -

I just got my date also -- June 7th.

Sounds silly to say -- but I'm excited. I'm glad to put an end to all of this and just move forward with the next part of my life.

Deb
Unread 05-15-2006, 06:58 PM

I'm with you Delaney514 !!! My date is coming right around the corner and I can't wait. I'm reading these dates of others and I can't beleive how long you guys have to wait. why?? I guess I was lucky to only be waiting a couple of weeks.

Debbie
Unread 05-16-2006, 02:00 AM

Oh my! Is my perspective about timeframes off? I was dx with uterine cancer just over a week ago and I thought waiting 2 weeks for the operation was a long time! Actually, I am not looking forward to the hysterectomy at all, except for the fact that it probably can be a cure for the cancer. Even with this dx I have been fortunate that most my life my periods were usually "normal." Only recently, when I was probably entering the pause anyway, were my periods starting to act goofy.

I can't imagine going thru period troubles and pain for years, wanting a remedy, and then having to wait even more for relief! Sorry to hear you have to go thru that. I don't have an exact date yet, but it will be very soon I am told, and I am very nervous! I don't have insurance, and I am low income, so I am doing this through a county system. Jumping thru their hoops is very difficult, but, since they're are connected to a learning institution I guess they are eager to get stuff done quickly.

Best to Ya!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register