Urostomy Surgery Friday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urostomy Surgery Friday Urostomy Surgery Friday

Unread 05-25-2003, 05:52 AM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

Hi Everyone,

Here I go again. I fast on Tuesday but get to go to my local hospital (rural) for preop tests. I like that 'cause I know everyone & my FP is there. I will pick up my Go Lightly (which as we know is not so light). I am clear liquids starting Wed. noon so I will be pretty hungry by surgery time. I have my breast biopsy first which is now starting to scare me. They sent me the procedure yesterday where they insert needle in breast at 9:00AM while they do a mammography. I then go to preop where I won't be operated on until 12:00 & needle has to stay in breast until then(no local anesth). I also have to see a cancer therapist before surgery. I was hoping to not have to deal with any of this unless it turns out to be cancer or at least not till after urostomy. Although my lump is stippled it is still only 20% chance of malignancy. Since I will be in a catholic hospital I have requested to see the priest before surgery. I am not Catholic but my dh is so it will help him. Also I made a deal with God that if my supra cath could be removed I would convert. Well it's out.

Everything exhausts me. Sitting up urine constantly leaks from my fistula into a diaper but lying down my bladder fills up & I constantly run to the bathroom in pain. Everyday I notice I am increasing my medications for relief. It is still better then when I had the catheter. I would rather sit on the toliet all day long then have that put back in. Well I have complained enough for one day!

Happy Memorial Day!
Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

Good Luck Terry,

You are so brave and you are in my thoughts.

Renee
Unread 05-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

((((((((((Terry))))))))) I am sorry you have to go through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers

Sending you many soothing S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

((((Terry))))

I wish you all the BEST thoughts I can send via the cyber highway!! You are one strong woman- and as the saying goes "I am woman hear me roar".. Your time has come and only GOOD things are waiting for you on the exit ramp of this one long, long road.

The prayers are with you and I can feel myself holding your hand. Be strong as I know that you can!!
Unread 05-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

((((Terry))))) I'm so sorry you have soooo much to deal with at this time

Sweetie, please be assured that you will be in your Hyster Sisters' toughts and ers on Friday. We'll all be in your corner.

Hang in there, dear ((((Terry)))) Hopefully, the off-ramp is very close and you'll be off this Road after this next surgery.

Unread 05-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

Lots of ers headed your way for a easy castle visit and quick recovery so you can find that exit ramp dear!!

s,
lenee
Unread 05-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

Terry,
I'm ing this surgery will bring you some relief. Your sisters are rooting for you.
Unread 05-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Urostomy Surgery Friday

Hi Terry, I am so glad that you are finally going to have the ball rolling for you!!

I will pray that everything goes well and that there is NO CANCER!!!!! Hopefully after this surgery you can get towards the off ramp and not stuck in the pot hole!!

We will be right there holding your hand and praying for you sweetie!!

Please rest and let us know how it went when you feel up to it!!

HUGS and Prayers!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register