Size Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Size Questions Size Questions

Unread 08-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Size Questions

I have been reading on here alot about ladies having large uterus. Can you tell me did you know this before your surgery? I had an ultrasound to rule out any tumors but on exam the Dr decided he thinks I have andenomyosis. I have read that this can also cause your uterus to enlarge, but the Dr didn't say anything about it. I have noticed weight gain over the last several months and am just curious if that is what is causing it (only a few pounds but my abdomine is bloated/distended)
Just curious...lots of questions at I prepare for tomorrow...with no sleep!! Anyone else have problems sleep before surgery??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Size Questions

Kathy wish I could help you with your question. The only thing that my doctor said about my uterus is that is was tipped. I have to have a vaginal hyst. in sept. Good luck with your surgery tommorrow. I look forward to your post replies. take care.
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Size Questions

All I can tell you is my uterus weighed 185 grams (don't know what that is in regular weight), and he had to switch from a laprascopic to a abdominal because my uterus was to big and full of fibroids. It was the only way to remove it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Size Questions

Azeala,
Did you know it was enlarged before you went in? I just found out I only need to be there at 12:00 noon and surgery is approximatly 2pm....this stinks...I am so tired and so nervous I just want it to be OVER!!!
Thanks for the info!
Unread 08-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Size Questions

We both knew it was enlarged before he went in. He didn;t know how enlarged until the lap went in. He did say in pre op that if he ran into any trouble, he would immediately switch to an abdominal. He told me the next day I had eight fibroids, (all three types), which made the uterus so enlarged. Good luck on your surgery. It will be over before you know it. Just remember to listen to your body and follow ALL discharge instructions.
Unread 08-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Size Questions

My uterus weighted 160 grams. I was told a normal uterus weight is 80 grams. I did not know before hand that mine was twice the weight. Also I did not know I had adenomyosis and yes it will enlarge your uterus. It grows in the uterus wall and expands outwards. Mine expanded out far enough in one spot that it was growing into my muscles in my abdomin. I was told there is nothing that will help adenomyosis except a hyst. All info. from my Dr., not my opinions. Good luck and wishing you a speedy and pain-free recovery.
Unread 08-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Size Questions

You can certainly ask when you go in for your surgery.... I remember being in a swirl of information and I know I only remembered about 1/10 of what was being said to me!

They did tell me I had an enlarged uterus. (If you have a strong stomach, click on "my photos" and you'll see it after my surgery.) It was 15 cm. across.

If you have any room left in your bag, you might consider putting in a small notebook and pen to jot down questions and information while you're in the hospital. I found it absolutely invaluable to help me remember things!

as you make your final preparations.
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Size Questions

They always measure your uterus when you have an ultrasound - they measure everything! I saw my report.

An enlarged uterus is not a feature of adeno when that's the only problem present. The only thing that adeno can do is change the shape - the uterus can be globular rather than pear-shaped.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register