Need a good laugh???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need a good laugh???? Need a good laugh????

Unread 05-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Need a good laugh????

I was just reading a post earlier and it brought back memories of my hospital stay. One of the topics in the post was headaches. lolol I laugh, not at the sister, but at my own experience. Let me elaborate...lol

About my second day out of surgery and fully awake from the anesthesia I got a fiercesome headache. It hurt so bad I could hardly move as it felt like my brain was jiggling itself lose. I swear I could feel it!! After complaining to my nurses and receiving meds for it I still got no relief. I was frustrated and still hurting so they changed my meds. No help still! Drugs after drugs after drugs! Good grief what could it be?? About the 4th day and after a shift change one of the nurses came in and was asking me about the pain. I gave up and innocently said..."I have no idea but is there any way I could get a coke?" One delicious coke later (just one!) and my fiercesome headache was gone!

I felt so busted when my doctor came in making his rounds and said "So...I heard about the caffeine headache." We laughed and then it dawned on me how much "costly" crap I had taken to get rid of that stinkin' headache. He asked me how many cokes a day I drink. I said well maybe one but that's not the issue. I gotta have my coffee!!!!!!!

I'm sorry this is so long but I wanted to share a comical moment!My poor insurance company! ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Need a good laugh????

Thanks for the laugh!!! lol, I too had headaches, but not until about day 4-5, I blamed it on the meds. I finally had a coke and headaches were gone!

I am now coke free for 4 weeks. I seemed to get to bloated from them and slowly just quit drinking them. Never in my life would I have thought I could go 1 day, let alone 4 weeks! but it is true.

Stacey
LVH 03/29/05
Unread 05-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Need a good laugh????

That's the amazing thing about caffeine - coming off of it can give you a blistering headache. However - the first medication they put you on when you're diagnosed with migraines is Caffergot.... basically a couple of cups of coffee in a little bitter white pill!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Need a good laugh????

I'm a Diet Coke addict. I HAVE to have my Diet Coke or I'm a mean woman lol. When they brought me dinner (if that's what you want to call it) the night after my surgery, I looked at the person who brought it and asked if I could have a Diet Coke lol. There was milk, juice, and watery looking tea. None of that even appealed to me. She was a sweetheart and came back with my can of Diet Coke.
Unread 05-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Need a good laugh????

I also remember that feeling. Mine was day two. I had told them I needed something with caffine in it. I said listen girls If you get me something I'm telling you my headache will go away alot quicker. They rushed and brought me in a glass of tea. That is all it took.
Unread 05-13-2005, 05:56 AM
Need a good laugh????

Guess I'm lucky...

my hospital assumed that you'd need caffeine in your daily diet, so my liquid diet (for two days! argh!) was: broth, a nutrient-rich juice box, jello cups, tea/coffee and a soda. Mostly, the soda was caffeine free, but that was nice because the Sierra Mist scratched my throat for me. Great, since it hurt so badly to cough at that point!

I asked the meal-cart lady if the tea and coffee were 'leaded or unleaded'... she laughed and said that it's too much of a shock for most people to give up their caffeine cold turkey just for a few days in the hospital, so unless they were on a very restricted diet, they could have some caffeine with each meal.

I didn't have a headache until the last day, and I think that was because I was so nervous about having to come home, and not having my nurse button or my adjustable bed with the life-saving hand-holds on it!

FiberGeek

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register