Tubal years ago...ovarian cyst today? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tubal years ago...ovarian cyst today? Tubal years ago...ovarian cyst today?

Unread 07-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Tubal years ago...ovarian cyst today?

Hi Ladies,

I'm curious how many of you diagnosed with ovarian cysts had previously had a tubal ligation - and what type of procedure the tubal was (just cauterization, cauterization plus rings, etc.)

My Dr's say there's 'no way' to positively correlate my 'fluid filled' monster of a cyst to the tubal, but I just have this 'gut feeling' about it and wondered if anyone else with a 'fluid' or 'chocolate' type of cyst had the sterilization first.

Not that it matters at this point...just curious.

Jordan L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 05:03 PM

I had my tubal 16 years ago, and just last year(well actually they had been around awhile) developed cysts. However, upon surgery when the patholigist looked at the cyst (mass as it is now being referred to) he suspected cancer- He was right.
I have read several article that say there is a link between tubals and cysts, but I dont know...........

hugs
snickers
Unread 07-01-2005, 07:12 PM

I had a tubal four years ago next month and have been diagnosed with cysts on both ovaries. I go in July 12 for TAH/BSO.
we had decided it was better to have everything taken out now than go through this again sometime down the timeline given I had previous hystory with cysts and adhesions and family members with same hystory.
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 07:28 PM

I had my tubal in 2003 and last year ended up with two endometriomas that are now huge and nasty I am convinced the tubal had something to do with all the problems I've been having (more cramps, lots more bleeding, adeno, these masses...) but have only found one place that said there might be a correlation. unfortunately I can't remember where that was now!! I did see it tho and I believe it. wish I'd known about that possibility before hand

my tubal was cutting and cauterization, I was also diagnosed with "severe" endometriosis and major adhesions at the time, tho he didn't do anything about those.
Unread 07-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Tubal and Cysts

I had a tubal 25 years ago and have a 7-8 cm cyst today. I read that having a tubal is supposed to lower the risk of ovarian cancer. I don't know about cysts. I'm having a TAH on July 19. I, too opted to just have everything done at once. Although the doctor says it doesn't look like cancer, the waiting is rough.
Unread 07-01-2005, 10:33 PM

Hi Jordan,

Funny this should come up as when I had my hyster they found both my ovaries and my uterus to be very cystic. I had my tubes cut and tied 18 years ago and the doctor who delivered my son tried his best to talk me out of it, as his theory was most women that have tubiligation done end up needing hysters within 10 years. Well I got 18 but I now know it should of been sooner and would of if I hadn't just put up with things.

Take care...........Karen
Unread 07-02-2005, 05:53 PM

Thanks, ladies, for the reply's.

I put ovarian cyst + tubal ligation into a search in Google but have found few pieces of good information about correlation/not. I don't have the link in front of me, but I actually ran across a site that's an organization for Post-Tubal Syndrome! Did you know there was such a thing? I didn't.

If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll go relocate the site.

I haven't come up with much info...I'm just trying to decide, at this point, if I should be rethinking keeping my 'good' ovary and the other tube with the ring on it! Any thoughts? I don't want to go through this again!

Thanks again,
Jordan
Unread 07-02-2005, 06:42 PM

I had a mucinous cyst 10 years ago, but I didn't have a tubal. I've known many women with different types of cysts and they didn't have tubals, so in my opinion I really don't think that there is a correlation. Could be, but I think cysts just happen for what ever reason.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register