sleepless nights and headaches? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sleepless nights and headaches? sleepless nights and headaches?

Unread 05-19-2006, 09:01 AM
sleepless nights and headaches?

Is anyone having trouble with headaches? It seeems every morning i go for my walk and about an hour after i have a headache-Not sure if the 2 are related but sleeping has been a big problem also. Not too big of a deal right now because i am not working but in 2 weeks when i go back i will be a zombie. I did have TAH BSO cervix gone the whole works so maybe this is a big part of it. Am afraid to take hormones because of endo. Is there really anything safe out there for this problem.
Other than that everything is going really well sore tummy as the day goes on but that is understandable.
Aren't we women amazing what we go through and still bounce back
Give me some suggestions please
thanks again
Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2006, 09:45 AM

Hi Laurie, I have suffered from headaches forever, but since the surgery they have been worse. I'm sure it's due to lack of sleep. That is a huge problem for me too. I bought some motrin (advice from other sisters), and it seems to work rather well. Are you drinking enough? I have found that when I don't it can also bring on a headache. Hope you feel better soon.
I agree.......we ARE amazing!! LOL
Take Care
Love & Prayers
Unread 05-19-2006, 09:54 AM

Hi girls,
yes increase your water, take ibuprogen, not tylenol.........better for everything, from swelly belly to inflamation to headaches.......... speak to your doc about the lack of sleep, can you sleep during the day? I know it doesn't really matter now if you do, but it will be difficult to maintain an afternoon nap once you return to work. However, it really could help you get the rest you need now. There is an herb, I think it is called vularian (?sp) health food stores sell it and my girlfriend is convinced it helps her.
Nice to see girls from Ontario!!!
blessings to you both,
Barbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2006, 10:01 AM

Thanks gals I do drink tons of water at least 10-15 cups a day . I guess it all about healing now so thanks again
I just keep trying to remember that i will be sooooo much better soon
take care and keep COOL
Laurie
Unread 05-19-2006, 10:09 AM

I get my headaches at about 9:00 at night. That makes sleeping even more difficult. And I have been taking Elavil to help me sleep for several years. My Fibromyalgia made it difficult to sleep long before the hyst, but it is even harder now.

I keep hearing about Valerian, and think I will try it. If you want to learn about it, go here: http://health.yahoo.com/drug/d04416a1

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Paula
Unread 05-19-2006, 11:17 AM

Hi ladies,
I too have been bother with headaches since my surgery. I thought it was just me. I had a TVH/BOS on 4-18-06. Everything out. I have not had many other signs of menopause though so I guess I'm one of the luckier ones. Have any of you tried a product called Brevail?
Unread 05-19-2006, 01:14 PM

Wow you haven't had any hot flashes or any night power surges? Are you on any hormones? I would sure be hugging a very large tree then{you know the old saying "touch wood"} Good for you don't question it
take care
Laurie
Unread 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM

I have also had headaches, but I'm not sure about you guys, but here the weather is very changeable right now as we cross over from Spring to Summer, and I am sure they are the same headache-type as I had this time last year. Maybe this could be part of your problem and not related to the hysterectomy at all???
Unread 05-19-2006, 04:14 PM

No I'm not on any HRT. My sister suffers from breast cancer and I had endrometriosis which is estrogen postive. I'm really afraid to take any of them.
Unread 05-19-2006, 04:22 PM

Hey if we can do this without any other alien things entering our bodies more power to us!!
Like i have said before rather like having a baby --yousleep when you can eh!!
Tee Hee
take care all and thank you again and again
Laurie
Sure don't know what i would do without you guys

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register