uterine prolapse w/possible ap repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: How was nausea for an epidural and general anesthesia in a TVH procedure.
Nausea with an epidural was really bad 0 0%
No or few problems with nausea with an epidural. 0 0%
Nausea with general anesthesia was really bad. 0 0%
Nausea with general anesthesia was low,or minor. 6 100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

uterine prolapse w/possible ap repair uterine prolapse w/possible ap repair

Unread 04-28-2001, 10:43 PM
uterine prolapse w/possible ap repair

I realize I am going to sound like a big cry baby but I am really in need of some advice-so
please sisters,send me any help you can. About 2 weeks ago after moving a sofa, i noticed it felt as if I had a tampon in, that felt like it was about to fall out .
The only problem was ,I did not have one in. When I looked in the mirror much to my horror I saw a pink
fleshy ball thing down there. About 10 days later I went to my GYN. thinking my bladder had fallen ( I had a bladder suspension operation 5 years ago) but he said it
was uterine prolapse. He checked it lying down and said it did not look too bad to him ,but when I was ready to
do something about it ,to call him and he would do a TVH
with possible AP repair.When I got out the shower last night I noticed I felt alot of pressure down below and was shocked when I could easily touch it-it is 1/2 inch
from the opening. My husband and I had sex anyway
and it was not a experience I wish to repeat soon.
I have had a friend tell me to have an epidural for the
surgery that it will be a better experience, and that
pain control will be much easier, but I am not sure I am
up to that. Do many women do it that way ? I got really nauseated with the general anesthesia too and the
thoght of barfing is not a nice one either .
When I had my gallbladder removed in oct. of this year
they put something in my IV during surgery to keep the nausea away and I did pretty well. Which is the best way not to get sick--can they also give me drugs to wipe
the memory of the surgery away and to make me feel spacey and not care? Sisters I really do not want to barf again. When I get it done, when will I feel like going to the beach for vacation? If they need to do the ap repair does that make it more painful and longer to recover?
Please help me dear sisters I just need a hug !
I have 3 kids and the youngest is a girl very mature
12 1/2 but I still want to make sure their life stays
normal during this time--they are involved in alot of
activites and I have a wonderful husband but HELP !
I will need to do this in the next few months. I run a
small cleaning business and that is not helping things!
Please contact me here or at StheRoadrunner@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2001, 02:52 AM

A and a Welcome to you Sheri. I don't know much about uterine prolapse except what I've read here. I was interested in your remarks about anesthesia. Before your surgery, mention to the anesthesiologist that you have gotten nauseous in the past after general anesthesia. Something can be put in your IV to prevent that. I went into my surgery fully expecting an epidural. I don't remember this, but evidently the epidural didn't work, and I was given general. If that should happen to you, at least your anesthesiologist will be aware that you need something for nausea.

I'm sure someone will come along to help you with any questions about prolapse. In the meantime, click the 'search' button and type 'prolapse' in where it says keyword. You can read the posts by others who have had this problem.

Best wishes to you
Unread 04-29-2001, 01:41 PM

Hi Sheri Welcome to Hyster Sisters. It really is a wonderful site where you will find both information and lots and lots and support as well as

I had my hyst in December for fibroids and rectocele (rectal prolapse). In my case, I discovered the prolapse as I was having my shower: there was this bulge at the entrance of my vagina. Like you, I thought it was cystocele - that was the only prolapse I had ever heard of.

My rectocele was repaired when I had my hyst. Both the hyst and the repair were done vaginally. I don't know much about uterine prolapse, but I know there are others who do know. Just do a search on "prolapse" and you will get a few more posts.

I had a bit of nausea after my hyst, but I think it was more due to the large amount of blood loss than to the general, since I've never had a reaction to anesthesia before. In my case, the nausea was controlled by lying on my side.

You can do a search on "epidural" and will get several threads on this issue.

Best of luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2001, 04:57 AM
TVH surgery for uterine prolapse

OK , Exactly How MUCH blood do you lose from this surgery anyway ? If they put something in my IV for nausea can I ask them to automatically put more in while in the recovery room as well ? I was soooooo
very sick after the bladder suspension surgery 5 years

ago that I NEVER want to go through that again. Should
I bank my own blood ? I have had problems with chronic fatigue syndrome for 7 years now and everytime I get to feeling good I got worse after the bladder surgery and the gallbladder surgery, so I am not sure if bloodbanking is the way to go or not. Is there a way to minimize blood loss and how much do you lose anyway ? I am totally new to this and I am only 41 so it all seems very overwhelming. By the way, I have been TOTALLY overwhelmed by the compassion and support I have already felt here and I have only been a sister 2 days now!
Unread 04-30-2001, 08:04 AM

Dear Sheri,

The blood loss is generally measured in TEASPOONS. Ask your doc about banking your blood (mine said I didn't need to). Since you have plenty of time before your surgery, you should ask your doc about building up your iron levels (for blood) with supplements or special foods.

As for the nausea, keep telling your doc & your anesthesiologist & the nurses. I was real worried about it also, but they stayed right on top of it when I felt a little queasy.

Sending cyberhugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register