? regarding Driving | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

? regarding Driving ? regarding Driving

Unread 05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
? regarding Driving

Hi Ladies,

I drive a pick up truck which is a stick shift and I was wondering if the driving release time will be about the same.

Thanks,
Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 06:19 PM
? regarding Driving

Hi Liz. My car is a standard also, with a fairly stiff clutch. I didn't ask, and probably should have, but went ahead a drove at 2 weeks. Didn't seem to bother me really....but you might want to ask to be sure. It's surprising what requires the use of abdominal muscles...how about those doors into office buildings and stuff! Whew!
Unread 05-03-2006, 06:33 PM
? regarding Driving

Summer,

Thanks, I just hope I remember to mention it to my Dr., It's just one of the many lil things in everyday life that you are so used to doing that it just doesn't cross your mind. I'll have to write it down after my question about driving as it being a standard.
One of the goods things is that the doors at our office building are all automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 07:12 PM
? regarding Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstngldy61
Summer,
One of the goods things is that the doors at our office building are all automatic
That's lucky. The doors to my office building are all "standards" (Ha!).. you think if I stand outside long enough someone will notice that I'm not coming in?
Unread 05-03-2006, 07:38 PM
? regarding Driving

I rang my doctor yesterday as I am at the two week mark and thought I could drive but was told 3-4 weeks. I drive a manual car also, with a clutch that needs to be pushed right in. So I think I am happy to wait.
Doc told me to drive around the block first in case I drive too far away and find it hurts.
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:55 AM
? regarding Driving

I was released to drive last Monday (two weeks after TAH) and drove yesterday from Trinidad, Co. to Pueblo, Co. (80 miles) for two doctors appts. No problems shifting but found the bumps in the road quite rough. Came home and took two Tylenol and just relaxed. Doing great today. Best of luck with your surgery. I'm glad I had mine!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register