Dizzy & close to blacking out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dizzy & close to blacking out Dizzy & close to blacking out

Unread 04-17-2012, 08:19 AM
Dizzy & close to blacking out

ok so I will be 4 weeks out tomorrow and thought I was finally doing better... Until last night I got up in the middle of the night to check on my son and became dizzy, weak, nauseous, and close to blacking out... oh and i also got the shakes... I have no idea what brought it on... I had a simular experience 2 weeks post op and went to the er... they didn't find anything... followed up with my doc. who didn't find anything... was just at my doc last Friday and they said all looked good... UGH
Going to an internist today to see what they think. Its so scary when it happens and I just don't know what the cause is... I know I am not over doing it... yesterday I did basically nothing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Re: Dizzy & close to blacking out

I know how scary that can be! Here are the reasons it can or has occurred for me: dehydration, hypoglycemia, sinus infection, anemia, and sudden change in blood pressure from getting up too fast. Hormonal imbalance, medications, and ear infection can also do it.

I hope your doctor today does a thorough check up and can figure out what is wrong! Keeping detailed notes about your symptoms and anything you were doing before hand could help your doctor figure it out.

Unread 04-17-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser View Post

I know how scary that can be! Here are the reasons it can or has occurred for me: dehydration, hypoglycemia, sinus infection, anemia, and sudden change in blood pressure from getting up too fast. Hormonal imbalance, medications, and ear infection can also do it.

I hope your doctor today does a thorough check up and can figure out what is wrong! Keeping detailed notes about your symptoms and anything you were doing before hand could help your doctor figure it out.

It sounds like similar episodes that I have had from hypoglycemia and sudden change of blood pressure. It is scary for sure. Hopefully they can figure out exactly what is causing it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 03:51 PM

I had horrible dizziness & nausea before my surgery. Turns out I had a slight amount of fluid on my inner ear. God, it was AWFUL! Be sure you have your doc look in your ears!!
Unread 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM

I had this about three weeks post op had the same as you could find nothing, my blood pressure was low but im a runner , im on est and thought it was that it was low so a doct told me it takes wahile for the meds to wear off this went on for months and finally upped my est and it stopped, it could be your ovaries are in shock and throwing you off, make sure to drink alot of water, and see if your blood pressure is low your hormones control alot of things, and need time to get over tne shock lol
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Well my doc. took more blood today and I hope to know more by Thursday. He gave me a script for anti nausea meds and said eat and drink and basically slow down.... SLOW DOWN? I didn't think I could get even slower... I am so trying to follow orders.
He said my blood pressure was low but not low enough for him to be too worried about it. I am anemic and he is checking to see how low that has gotten. He doesn't expect any bleeding but maybe a slight gi infection still hanging on... so no real news yet. I haven't blacked out today, just sick to my stomach,weak, and a head ache.
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Did you keep your ovaries. I know how you feel when everything came back neg. On me I ended up with anxeity but it was due to low est. So hopefully your ovaries just havent woken up yet and it making you off balance. When you get dizzy lay down put your feet up above your heart see if that helps. Lol
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM

This happened to me too! I've passed out in the past due to low blood sugar - happens whenever I get a stomach bug. Saw a bunch of dr's, had a bunch of tests, and the best explanation I got was "simple faint" - the body just decides it's all too much when something isn't right. Hope you get an explanation (and some relief) soon!
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khallman View Post
Well my doc. took more blood today and I hope to know more by Thursday. He gave me a script for anti nausea meds and said eat and drink and basically slow down.... SLOW DOWN? I didn't think I could get even slower... I am so trying to follow orders.
He said my blood pressure was low but not low enough for him to be too worried about it. I am anemic and he is checking to see how low that has gotten. He doesn't expect any bleeding but maybe a slight gi infection still hanging on... so no real news yet. I haven't blacked out today, just sick to my stomach,weak, and a head ache.
It is possible you are doing a bit too much without realizing it, and since your body is healing, slightly anemic, and your blood pressure is a bit low, the combination of issues is just a bit too much for your body to deal with.

Try to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration, eat a lot of smaller meals if you need to so you can make sure your body has the nutrition it needs to heal and to prevent low blood sugar issues from a lack of eating. I was told to drink two High Protein Boosts each day to help. Nausea with weakness and a headache could definitely be evidence of low blood sugar which may correct itself once you are back to normal.

When going from lying or sitting to standing, get up slowly and hold on to something--don't just jump up.

Definitely don't drive if you are having issues with blacking out or almost blacking out, and avoid exercising at this time.

Besides all of the above, my doctor also required that I have adult supervision at all times until they figured out what was going. However, I was blacking out, not just almost blacking out. So just be careful so you don't fall and hurt yourself if you do black out. I learned to stop moving immediately and try to sit down no matter where I was when the feeling would hit. That way I didn't fall.

in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register