3 days post hysterectomy: Why does my body temp go wacky sometimes? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy: Why does my body temp go wacky sometimes? 3 days post hysterectomy: Why does my body temp go wacky sometimes?

Unread 12-19-2015, 06:15 PM
3 days post hysterectomy: Why does my body temp go wacky sometimes?

Hi all,
I'm on day 3 post op and recovering well. I only wonder why sometimes I feel very cold and other times very hot. I still have my ovaries and the body temperature isn't triggered by activity or lack of it.

I get up to go to the bathroom which is still a bit of work and return to the bed chilled and freezing. This is in a well heated house. I need someone else to put my socks on. And thank goodness for my heating pad. But within 15-20 min I'm sliding off the socks back to normal.

Other times I will be lying in bed not moving for quite a while when I begin to sweat. Daytime and night. It wakes me up and my hair is soaked. I keep a fan nearby to cool me off. The sweating is what I'm most concerned about.

Anyone experience this or know why it's happening?

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Re: Why does my body temp go wacky sometimes?

Even though you have kept one or both ovaries, they may be in shock from the surgery which means they may not be producing as much estrogen as you have been used to previously. You may feel some symptoms of menopause and hot and cold flashes are one of them. They call this sleeping ovaries. Mine slept for about 5 weeks and during that time I had hot flashes, mood swings and insomnia. The good news is that in most cases you ovaries will wake up in a few weeks but during that time your body may do some weird things. This site has a lot of info on sleeping ovaries. You are not alone!
Unread 12-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Re: Why does my body temp go wacky sometimes?

This makes perfect sense! I can deal with that. And it makes it easier understanding why.

Thank you Sarrie!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register