The Incision?!?!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Incision?!?!?!?! The Incision?!?!?!?!

Unread 01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
The Incision?!?!?!?!

OKAY

I am 6 weeks post op with little to no complications/complaints, but my incision is still so bothersome. There were no stitches/staples and the steri-strips are off and doctor says I am fine, but I can just FEEL it ALL the time and it bugs me and keeps from driving and walking at my normal pace. I dont have pain, just twinges and mild cramp like sensations--internally--but I just feel so vulnerable and conscious of the incision itself....anyone else???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2009, 12:12 PM
The Incision?!?!?!?!

Hi
I had my surgery the same time you did. I feel the pain still in my right side. It almost feels bruised. I did not have stiches on the outside or staples.. just internal ones. It is a weird sensation. I just try to do my best every day. If it hurts I stop and rest. I am going back to work next week but plan to take it slowly. Hope that helps.
Unread 01-15-2009, 03:42 PM
The Incision?!?!?!?!

I too have stabbing pains in my incision area from the inside to outside (like there is an alien in there poking me ).

I also have steri strips - how long did it take for yours to come off? Did you help them along? It kinda creeps me out the whole idea of this incision.

Best wishes to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
The Incision?!?!?!?!

I still have a bit of tightness around my incision at ten and a half weeks. I think that I was about 8 weeks in before I felt like I was starting to take bigger strides.
Unread 01-15-2009, 09:17 PM
The Incision?!?!?!?!

What you are feeling are probably the Nerve endings. They can be very sensitive. How you ever considered placing the band aid cloths over the incision to cover it and prevent contact with other clothing.
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:03 PM
The Incision?!?!?!?!

You know...it is one day good and the next I feel it again.
Unread 01-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Steri Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nny
I too have stabbing pains in my incision area from the inside to outside (like there is an alien in there poking me ).

I also have steri strips - how long did it take for yours to come off? Did you help them along? It kinda creeps me out the whole idea of this incision.

Best wishes to you.
My steri-strips did not budge, so my lovely partner pulled them off the night before my 6 week doctor exam!! The idea of the incision creeped me out so much that I wept the whole time although it did not hurt at all--I also could not look at the steri-strips or my incision sight for about 2 weeks post-op. I just want to stop feeling like I have a giant paper cut across my abdomen and it does not hurt, but it 'bothers' me so...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register