Surgery cancelled forever???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery cancelled forever???? Surgery cancelled forever????

Unread 10-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Surgery cancelled forever????

I need help here. The dr office just called (a receptionist) and said that since I only wanted my particular dr to do the surgery that the surgery was not going to happen. Since I didnt want anyother dr in the practice then I am no longer her patient. WHaT? I have been with that group almost as long as she has been alive. I have CINII growing in me and she is kicking me out? I dont know what happened. AT 8:30 this morning i had a surgery date, at 9 , i dont even have a dr. AND THE DR REFUSES TO CALL ME AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT 30 MINUTES. What on earth do I do now? I did not yell at the dr when she cancelled my surgery at the last minute, I was upset , yes but I blame the hospital not the dr. The phone call at 8:30 this morning was very polite, no problems,,,,,,,, i am sooooo confuse, and now scared. WHAT KIND OF DR DOESNT CALL A PATIENT? the receptionist said that the dr would write me a letter, well whooppee. Guys, I am not a nut, I didnt show my rear end. I just dont know what happened.
pray for me please
this is so scary
missy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2004, 11:46 AM
dear stgiles

I am sooooo sorry to hear that news. I would have no idea why your Dr. would cancel like that without even a call from him. Just to let a receptionist call you with that news is awful. I don't know if I would ever trust that set of drs. anymore.

I would call an gyn/uro and set up an appointment with a new doctor.
Unread 10-13-2004, 12:04 PM

I have no words for you that will make anything better. I'm SOOO sorry for you. But, I agree with Colleen. I'd have trouble trusting them again. If you make an appointment with a new Dr. and hand carry your records in (Go into the old Dr.'s office and request them....wait for them...and take them directly to the new Dr.). I think ANY doctor that sees an immediate need....and especially if you tell them what happened to you (without bashing the other guy) and how upset you are....will schedule you ASAP. I sure hope so! I'll keep praying for it to work out for you.

I think that Providence must have intervened to protect you from what seems like sloppy medical administration at the very least, and who knows what else. God will provide what's best for you. I just know it.

Grace & peace,

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2004, 12:07 PM

Missy,

I am just as confused as you are! I am so sorry you are having all of this added stress right now. I would find a new doctor asap and get things taken care of. Yes, that is probably easier said than done but I have to agree with Colleen...how could you ever really trust that group of doctors again? Take care of yourself and keep us posted!

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register