pre registered still 2hours before surgery? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre registered still 2hours before surgery? pre registered still 2hours before surgery?

Unread 06-29-2003, 09:18 PM
pre registered still 2hours before surgery?

Well I'm the one thatstarted this thread! Guess What? I did not have to wait two hours before my surgery, I waited FOUR 1/2!!!!
It was worth it in the end but I was about ready to leave after 3 1/2 hours. Thats too long, plus I was bleeding and very hormonal.
I didn't make a fuss but my DH finally went to the nurse in charge and told her I was crying. This surgery was pushed back twice before I got there. The thing I would do different is I would make sure I was the first one of the morning!!!
Glad to be home.
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2003, 12:42 AM

I have to be at the casle 3 hours early too but I have not had my pre-op blood work etc. The hospital called and took all my info so I am preregistered but they said my lab work wouldn't be done til that morning. !! Has anyone else ever heard of or had this experience?? What if something is amiss with the lab work, and they need to adjust things, or even postpone them?? I have alot of physical issues (diabetes, severe asthma, a seizure disorder that is controlled with medication, etc.. but the med is a problem in itself!!) Of course, I DID tell my doctor these things, but sometimes I think he has waaaay to many patients to remember , and doesnt take time to read the chart everytime or on everyone. I have more worries like this than I can tell you. It is more a matter of not being informed of what is going to happen.! I have tried to find out.. I have called the doctors, and the hospital, and even gone to the hospital to try and talk to the anes... and guess what?? they dont even assign the anes. until the morning of the surgery, so there is no way I can find anything out until then. Has anyone else not had their pre-op work up til the morning of surgery? If so was there any problems with waiting til then. Were they able to get the tests results back in time ( 2 hours in my case) to start surgery as scheduled? As you may can tell my mind is RACING right now and I feel like I am going to come unglued. LOL
I also want to say thanks to all of you wonderful ladies as you have been such a great help. I don't know what I would have done if my sister had not found this site for me. I may have chickened out and that would have been really bad in my case. Hope everyone has had a great weekend.
Later
Unread 06-30-2003, 03:10 AM

I'm getting ready to leave for that two-hour wait in about 45 minutes. Man-oh-man do I want that happy juice right about now. Or at least a cup of coffee!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2003, 03:13 AM

Hugs and prayers to you Katwoman! Don't be surprised when that coffee doesn't look as good after surgery. Let us know how you did when you get home and can get to the puter for a little bit. Know that you are being thought of today by all of us here.

Linda >^..^<
Unread 06-30-2003, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sashyanna
The thing I would do different is I would make sure I was the first one of the morning!!!
Glad to be home.
Sandy

See, it helps to be semi informed.........being that I worked a few years in the OR.........that is my plan!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register