daVinci TLH/BSO recovery - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

daVinci TLH/BSO recovery daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Unread 05-01-2008, 07:04 AM
lack of info

oh yes yes yes ...I totally agree that we get pretty much zip for info from the surgeon..the nurses deal out the info but it's always sooooo general that you have no clue if it applies to you or not. I too learned more here than from the dr or dr's office.
when I asked at my 6 week check up about a symptom..swelling so that underwear was uncomfortable, the young doc (not my surgeon who was on vacation) I had heard 4 different reasons for it. I listed them for the young guy and he said "yep, could be any of them." and just went on. grrr
then I had to track him down to find out if, in fact, I was cleared to live again. I really am frustrated with all that. I"m a teacher and I want answers!!! the whole thing might be "** hum" for them..but let's face it,,this is the ONLY hysterectomy that we will each have!
ok back to my calm self..my students just arrived so I'd better pay attention! Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 08:33 PM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Woo hoo...another big day for me! I actually ro de my own horse tonight. Just for a few minutes...and just at the walk after I tried to tire him out with ground work. Tada! I'm getting back to normal! There were some jiggy moments but I sat deep in the saddle and the bouncing wasn't too bad. Joan
Unread 05-13-2008, 05:09 AM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Jazzyctm....I'm back into an almost regular routine with beast!!! I started last Tues...round pen lunge with tack, mostly canter as it's his fave gait. then into the arena so I can get on! Even at 13' 3" I prefer to use the mounting blocks. Do a few laps to see who 's in possession of his brain..usually jiggy snotty laps as he seems to hate the arenas..then out of the arena to take little mini trail rides around the property. I'm really pleased that he's not fighting me or testing me as he did when I first got him. I was afraid that he would return to that as it's been so long that I've ridden himi regularly. He was testing the kid who rode him and also the adult. I think he scared away the adult even tho she's a long time horse woman. The kid just loves it! Once out of the arena, he will flat walk with ears forward...he continually sweeps his head from side to side as he 's taking it all in. Reminds me of a hammerhead shark.
I"m not having any (or much) discomfort. The worst part is just feeling the lack of muscle in my stomach area as opposed to the empty parts. bizarre. I've coopeted my daughter's post C-seciton "thing" and that seems to help. I'm also working on those muscles with "sort of "sit ups etc. I have a balance ball and must get back to that as well.
So..good news for me! Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 06:37 AM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Good morning! I just had my DaVinci (total hysterectomy) 3 days ago. I was under for 4 hours.
I am waiting on the doc to call me back, but I spiked a temp last night and have sx of a UTI--did anyone experience this?
Unread 05-15-2008, 06:40 AM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Sorry to hear about the temp. No I had no problems like that but later I did experience some "cramping" when going to the bathroom. A month into this and I feel pretty good. Seeing the Dr tomorrow for checkup, I have had some spotting but only after doing too much (I was working in the yard)

Good luck
Unread 05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Welcome to this forum..I think many of us had urinary issues..feels like a UTI most often it's bladder spasms. In your case, I for sure would get it checked out...no one else has mentioned spiking a temp. For me, the bladder spasms lasted for 7 weeks or so.
My surgery was 10 weeks ago ...I always get the initials mixed up..but I had a total hysterectomy..laproscopically with the robot..5 incisions..he took everything out including 6 lymph nodes. I had endometrial cancer with a slight incursion into the uterus..everything else was clear. I was very lucky with no symptoms before surgery. Of course I felt a lot worse aftewards!!! I was driving in 6 days..it was that long just because my sister was here and wouldnt let me drive. BAck to work with 5 weeks out of work but my surgery was on a Wed so it was really only 4 weeks post op.
Take care of yourself and don't hesitate to keep in touch. Joan
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Still spotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by iristat
A month into this and I feel pretty good. Seeing the Dr tomorrow for checkup, I have had some spotting but only after doing too much (I was working in the yard)

I'm still spotting too. Worse after a very stressful day at work today. My TVH BSO was April 10th. Any thoughts on what's normal and what's not as far as spotting?
Unread 05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Thanks for your input!! It was a UTI, wound up in ER since my temp was 102. SO I am on levaquin for now, they will check with me tomorrow once the culture is complete. Everything else looked good though, chest xry was clear and abdominal as well.

I still don't feel great though, I think the SE from the Abx make things worse!
Unread 05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

I'm certainly glad that you're on meds now..sounds like you've had quite a go of it..I was on levaquin too I think. and it turned out that I didnt really have a UTI, but I had to keep taking it until it was gone. You have side effects from the antibiotic? I dont really know the abbreviations that you used. I'm a teacher and I don't know much about medicine. My daughter is an MA in a urology practice so I'm picking up bits and pieces..she was NO help when I had the H..she's 260 miles away and wasn't very sympathetic about the bladder spasms! She sees them every day..people who live with them all the time...wow..I sure would be going nutty if that were the case. It's amazing one can hear the cancer diagnosis..take it in stride...(sort of) .and then have bladder spasms push them over the edge. I felt that way and my daughter was amazed that she had a patient who did the same thing. No surprise to me!!!!
Keep taking care of yourself!!! Joan
Unread 05-19-2008, 12:29 PM
daVinci TLH/BSO recovery

Hi Joan and everyone else - haven't checked in for a while as I have been VACATIONING in Spain - Joan I rode an Andalusian horse on an overnight trail ride in Andalusia - through the most incredible mountains and terrain I have ever seen - it was a celebration of recovery and a firm sign that I am back to ME now!!
Good thoughts to everyone - if you're new or still achy - I am proof that good things can be just around the corner!!
Trish

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register