No Complications? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No Complications? No Complications?

Unread 12-14-2006, 06:55 PM
No Complications?

I am so glad to see so many of us "boring" ladies. I get a bit stressed when I see so many peeps with complications. I feel very blessed that my recovery has been uneventful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
No Complications?

Will be three weeks on Tuesday and pretty boring. Nothing could compare to pre-surgery. I've had a few aches but haven't taken pain meds since day four and even then it was only Motrin. Have had a little discharge but from what I hear that is normal. Barely enough for a pantyliner. Feel 100% better. I have my life back.
Unread 12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
No Complications?

I'm almost five months out and I've had no complications per se. Took five weeks for all of my incisions to skin over, and I've been somewhat fatigued ever since, but otherwise I feel great and have felt great since I got home.

Remember, those of us who are happy have less time and reason to post than those who aren't, plus there's the sometimes guilt of burbling happily while others aren't so fortunate.

Congrats on your recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2006, 07:21 PM
No Complications?

I too had a very easy recovery. The only snag I had was a stich abcess and that was easy to fix. Five days on antibiotics and it was healed.

Yes, I did have a bit of, well, not insomnia, but waking up a few times a night, and of course, bathroom visits during the night for quite a while.

I actully look back fondly on recovery. It was pretty uneventful, quiet and restful. I actually enjoyed by recovery time off and staying home.

Happy to hear that so many have also had great recoveries.
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Same here

I, too, had an uneventful recovery. I followed all directions, began exercising right away, ate carefully, and lost weight. I was vigilant about everything, and I believe it paid off. It's now been a year, and I can't believe where I was one year ago today...9 days out of surgery, still lying in bed, not even lifting a pan from a drawer! Yes, there was pain, a bit of oozing from the incision site, tired for longer than it seemed I should be, gas pain extraordinaire for the first week home, but that was all.

I think a lot of people come here for support when things are more difficult, and those of us who heal well and don't have hormonal issues, we kind of fade away, so there really isn't a good representation on this site of the real numbers of problems and non-problems.

I was terribly afraid of hormone hell after what I read here even though I kept my ovaries, but all has gone exceptionally well. I've had no issues at all. In fact, I still had PMS after my hysterectomy!

I wish all as good a trip as I've had!
Unread 12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
No Complications?

yes, things are going so well i keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. i was back on my treadmill, gently, by dec. 7th. i started driving this past sunday. i do things to remind myself that i'm recovering, i'm so afraid of inadvertently overdoing it because i feel so great.

been trying to figure out if the layer of flab is swelly belly or flubby tubby. since i don't feel like i need a band or anything, maybe it's just fat!
Unread 12-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Better than ever

I am doing pretty good ,also. I do think it is alot easier because I had mine laparscopic. Have been tired-low hemoglobin-same as before surgery and constipated. I am on hormones-so no menopause problems. Glad it is over so I can enjoy the holidays!! It can only get better!!(Lavh with BSO)
Unread 12-15-2006, 06:07 PM
No Complications?

I'm going into week 8 now and have had no complications whatsoever. I was a bit afraid that because of my age (65) I would have more trouble healing and getting back to normal but I did follow all instructions to the "tee" and I feel really good now other than occasional twinges and I'm still easily fatigued. Even resumed sex life with DH (yes there is life after 60! LOL) and absolutely NO problems there! I guess I was just blessed that all went as well as it did. I hope to hear that more and more had "boring" recovery periods!
Blessings to all..
~Linda
Unread 12-15-2006, 07:37 PM
No Complications?

I also just had the normal things. I never developed any bad complications. I am at the 11 week mark and feel great and am back to my old self

Good luck to you all. May you all have uneventful recoveries!!!
Unread 12-15-2006, 09:40 PM
No Complications?

I will be 5 months post-op on Dec. 25th. I have had an easy recovery with no complications. I got a lot of rest after surgery, since I live alone. I was off work for 6 weeks and went back on a reduced schedule for the first 2 months. I have not needed any pain medication since 2 weeks post-op. I'm feeling great and only wish I had made the decision for surgery a few years sooner.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register