Scheduled TVH Pre-op appt tomorrow. Nervous. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op appt tomorrow. Nervous. Pre-op appt tomorrow. Nervous.

Unread 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Pre-op appt tomorrow. Nervous.

I have my pre-op appt tomorrow with my doc and then immediately following I go for all my pre-op testing and registrations stuff at the hospital. Its all starting to feel real now and I am getting really nervous. I will not change my mind...I am very confident I need this hysterectomy for my quality of life. But I am still super nervous about recovery and how my family will pitch in to help me after I get home. I am still getting the "its no big deal" attitude and don't know if my hubby really feels that way, or if he just is not handling the situation well and so is playing it off like everything will be just like normal. I think his attitude that what I am going through isn't major is actually making me more of a basketcase than I would be if he was freaking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Re: Pre-op appt tomorrow. Nervous.

I think he will "get it", he kind of has no choice... you can't come home and make dinner that night... Will he be understanding and not just pitch in, but actually make food for you? Help you with whatever you need? I'd try to talk more about it before the date. I too had preop with the doc at 1230 then hospital for tests at 230.. I then was told the day before I have to go back for blood cross and match and get my hospital id on the day before.. now thats a new one for me.
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Pre-op appt tomorrow. Nervous.

Your husband probably gets it but is downplaying it so as to reassure you and lessed your anxiety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM

I am a nervous wreck too. My surgery is this Tuesday and I'm worried a obout going under. My hubby also keeps telling me it will be just fine, which does make me more nervous. I don't think they truly understand that we can't do ANYTHING for awhile. Maybe they think we are overestimating how difficult this is going to be. I hope it's as easy as they act like its gonna be.
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM

I can't help but be super nervous as well. Lots to do and so little time. I keep second guessing myself then keep reassuring myself it will be ok . It's just hard to give up all that we do. I've got a list a mile long. My husband keeps saying it will be fine. I sure hope so, this is really stressful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register