Friday's the day... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday's the day... Friday's the day...

Unread 10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Friday's the day...

Hi ladies,

I had my pre-op blood work done at the hospital today for surgery this Friday. The lady who drew it asked what I was having surgery for and when I told her she said I was way too young to have that done, then later asked if we had any children (no, we don't). Then she gave me such a pitying look I just didn't know how to respond. I suppose I should just get used to that, huh? I'm just hoping they don't find anything that would make them cancel the surgery. My parents are coming in from out of state tomorrow to help my husband for the first few days after the LAVH--it'll be done as an out-patient.

I tossed and turned last night and hardly got a wink of sleep, then woke up so nauseous I thought I'd be sick from nerves. I've just been trying to keep as busy as I can for the past couple weeks. Any other ideas for keeping nervousness at bay? I'll be on a liquid diet tomorrow (no bowel prep, thankfully) and will be making my family a deep dish pizza (hey, at least 3 out of 4 of us will eat well! ) along with the brownies and 3 types of ice cream I made them over the past couple days. I'm running out of stuff to cook/bake!!! Help!

Sorry for the long post...just jittery I guess. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Re: Friday's the day...

What an extremely cold, callous person that woman was. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Good luck on Friday.
Unread 10-22-2009, 10:19 AM

She had no idea why you are having it done. It's definitely none of her business and she is totally unsympothatic. I told the lady that drew my blood on Tuesday that she was a delight. I mentioned that they should have a survey in the lab so that we can comment on the techs whether good or bad. UGH people make me so mad sometimes with their unwanted, unneeded, not asked opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2009, 10:28 AM

Well tomorrow is the big day for you and all will go well. I awoke on the day of my surgery relieved that it was here. I hope you do as well. As far as that lab tech....some people are sooooooooo ignorant.
Keep up with the cooking and enjoy time with your family. Let us know how it all went and we are here to listen!
Unread 10-22-2009, 01:01 PM

You're on the home stretch now and it can either get easier at this point or more stressful. I had a little of both. I managed to think of a bunch of last minute things to keep me busy and the day went by fairly fast. I remember that I actually organized a cupboard that I keep dog shampoos, meds, etc. in. Hadn't ever done that before . I actually slept a little better than I thought I would too, so that was nice. By tomorrow night, you'll be on the other side with us and in this case, the grass really is greener on the other side.
Unread 10-22-2009, 02:43 PM

Best of luck tomorrow. No one else can ever make the decision for you and she was just one of those idiots who don't think before giving an opinion. I had my surgery six weeks ago and am recovering well. We are all with you and send you all our prayers and thoughts for an easy operation and quick recovery.
Unread 10-22-2009, 02:48 PM

My response to the nasty lady at the lab...it tell her to kiss your *&^...and then call the lab and advise them of her inappropriate comments...lab techs are not supposed to make comments on or about medical procedures...they are techs not doctors....
Unread 10-22-2009, 02:59 PM

I just had my surgery on the 20th. I was very anxious and worried prior to surgery. I stayed very busy to keep my mind off of the surgery. The waiting is definitely hard and nerve wracking. Hang in there, it really is better on the other side.
Hugs to all!!!
Unread 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM

I totally agree with back2normal. When you are feeling better, let them know what she said and did. Totally inappropriate and unprofessional. Best of luck and don't stress about her. Just think positive and calming thoughts and know that all of us will be here for you. Waiting to see you on the other side.
Unread 10-22-2009, 03:23 PM

Best of luck in your surgery tomorrow!!! Look forward to hearing how everything went!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register