swelly belly, adipose and bed hair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swelly belly, adipose and bed hair swelly belly, adipose and bed hair

Unread 03-19-2002, 07:27 PM
swelly belly, adipose and bed hair

Well I finally ran out of options and decided to have a hyst. I was completely ready but when I went for my surgical consult I found out I needed an abdominal hyst. Well I was ready for a vaginal but abdominal? No way. You see between my belly and my uterus is SIX INCHES OF ADIPOSE! Now adipose is that yellow fat you pull off the chicken when you go to stuff it. I love my Dr. but am not ready to share her wading through SIX INCHES OF ADIPOSE. I call this my undelivered twin of my lastborn child (18 years ago)!
Then I was reading through some archived threads. I got to the one about the swelly belly and the surgical scar. Very entertaining. Now I already have a scar from an appendectomy in 1968 and the little hill that forms above the scar is STILL THERE! I guess I should plan on another little hill above the new scar (which will be bigger, I'm sure). Now lets see...two surgical scars with two little hills and a new swelly belly in addition to my current adipose undelivered twin swelly belly.... let's talk about liposuction and tummy tuck and while your at it take some of that adipose and give me something I can put into a bra or the new bikini I'll get to go with my new, improved body.
This I will enjoy. I can now strut my new voluptous body at the beach without dealing with flooding and cramps and handy bathrooms.........Well, what took me so long?
Hugs to all you ladies in waiting!
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 09:59 PM

Hi Donna,

I just loved your post. I have been reading lots of posts tonight. I am feeling a bit sad tonight....some posts have made me so thankful for what I have, even though I have had some more trials the last couple days that have tried my faith, but, having an attitude and humor like yours is just the greatest. I think I will go to bed now with a smile on my face. BTW, I have enough adipose on my belly to create twins!!!! I already asked the DR to deliver them---- he said "We'll see". Was that a yes or no?

Anyway, good luck. I get to go in one day before you.
Unread 03-20-2002, 03:28 AM

(((Donna)))

All I could think about while reading your post and chuckling was WHY didn't I have an abdominal instead of a vaginal and get rid of some of my fat, too.

Of course, you want your doctor to do the procedure which is best for you and your situation, but I am sure that it was a little bit of a surprise if you were expecting to be told that you could have a vaginal.

Be sure to keep on reading and posting.

(((Sharina)))

I'm so sorry that you have been having difficulties in the last few days. Please know that you are in my prayers. I hope that you are feeling better today.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2002, 09:28 AM

I was hoping for the 25 lb. fibroid...no luck. Thanks for the chuckle!!!

Karen
Unread 03-20-2002, 10:29 AM

This is really funny. I have a nine month fibroid covered by 4 inches of "adipose tissue" When I asked my doctor if he could excise the loose skin underneath the fat, he emphatically answered "NO!" When I asked how many women asked him to do this the answered, "EVERYONE!"

At least we are all in good company. I thought that I was the ONLY one with the fat tummy and loose skin. I guess I haven't seen a lot of naked women. ... I was under the impression that most slim women looked like Victoria Secret models in their underwear. It is comforting to know that even slender women may have the pouch that I have.

It's really funny, but, I didn't mind it quite as much when I was married. After all it was having my ex- husband's children that gave me the jelly belly. But, know that I am single yikes.... I am soooo self conscious about it. Entering new relationships brings on all kinds of anxiety and cries for the lights off.

Thanks ladies... knowing that others share the problem makes me feel a little better.

PS Does anybody know how much their fibroids weigh???
Unread 03-20-2002, 01:11 PM

Hi there! I 'pose that it would be the Waistline thread you might be referring to? We love to expand our circle of friends...please join us...but first if you have a few moments you really need to go from the beginning so first head to the main menu and pick...Memorable Messages (read only)...then go to the following thread where we pick up shortly after the Superbowl!

We love adipose there. We all have some...here's the link to where you can post now. Hugs to all! vbl

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=51468
Unread 03-20-2002, 01:14 PM

AW SHUCKS! I tried to put the link for both reading "Why do I have another Waistline" and it's continuation in the "Friends without Faces Board" link here. You all fit right in with us over in Why do I have another Waistline! We need a few more laughs.
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATIIIIIEEEEEEEE, HELP! (Katie is one of those wonderful hostesses who helps me out -- A LOT!) Katie, I tried and failed miserably at posting the links for mem messgs and friends here, would you be able to help?
Unread 03-20-2002, 01:18 PM

Ok, one of the things I might as well tell you right now. You will never have a mind again after your surgery! But, you know what they say...ignorance is bliss. Sorry, for the double post but I thought I lost the first one. Another thread for chuckles is on the post op board too - I Been HADD!
Unread 03-20-2002, 05:08 PM

Hi vbl,

I'm not KAAAAAAAAAAAAAtie, but I did read your cry for help and thought I'd give it a shot. But first I had to stop and read some of the posts, and I'm still laughing and have many more pages to read, so thought I'd better quit and try to get the thread into this post.

https://hystersisters.com/vb2/showthr...threadid=51454

That's the one to the Memorable messages.

's

Karen
Unread 03-20-2002, 07:10 PM
Oh no.... I'll have 3 swelly bellies!

VBL

I just finished reading all the threads YIKES!!!!!! You mean it gets worse before it gets better??? I am starting with a big jelly belly . Now if I get two swellies I'll be shaking more than the 1906 earthquake! I have a question for all : Are muu muus inappropriate office wear for San Francisco?.. and hey do they still even make muu muus???

Should I warn my co workers in advance that we should not walk two abreast for fear that the swelly sways from side to side could knock someone unconscious or worse???

There must be swelly protocol somewhere...or are we as a group charged with the "Official Guidelines for Swelly Bellies" subtitled "How to Survive a Hysterectomy and Keep Your Friends, Lovers and Positive Body Image"

Well gals ~ let's have some rules!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register