6 days post op/Emotiona | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post op/Emotiona 6 days post op/Emotiona

Unread 11-02-2011, 05:26 PM
6 days post op/Emotiona

Hi Ladies! This is day 6 of post op. Physically, I feel okay but emotionally I am losing it! So tired of looking at the 4 walls and want to throw the TV out the door (no cable tv here). The family doesn't get it that I am sitting here all day looking at the messes they leave (I am a neat freak by nature)..have 3 dogs who walk around all day thinking I am home to let them out every 30 minutes. Husband thinks we should all survive on leftovers from the weekend from food my friends were nice enough to bring in. He hasn't prepared a meal yet or been to the grocery. Now I am crying every 5 minutes and nobody gets it! Thinking of going back to work next week as physically I feel okay...just some dizziness and a little sore. Would love to go back to the hospital as I felt I got more rest/sympathy than I do here. I kept my ovaries but feel like I have PMS x 1000. Is this normal? How long do I give this until I talk to my DR?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Re: 6 days post op/Emotiona

U r not alone! I was in the same state of mind 6 days post op - now 15 days woot woot! Did u keep your ovaries? I did but someone reminded me that they have been traumatized and are too busy healing to keep me level headed. I cried at EVERYTHING (its probably part of the anesthetic leaving the body as well).

I spent a ton of time here on Hyster Sisters. I pushed myself to walk after every meal even if it was just down the street 3 houses & back. I finally gave in to the fact that I am going to be a princess and wait for others to help. I told DH and kids that if they want me back I HAVE TO HEAL - even the slightest adhesion happens to doing too much & can cause long term problems. I live in my PJ's (strong message to them), I'm growing a liking to the dust bunnies - even thinking of naming them lol, I reached out to a few cose friends and told them of my concerns including lonliness and asked for phone calls to yap, help to clean my house and help with meals. Heck, I even asked one of my friends to teach me to knit! LOL

Hang in there. I am 2 weeks now and feel a bit more at ease & know that I am doing the best thing for me & my family.

Remind DH that this is MAJOR surgery & lots will be different for 6 weeks minimum. I found that going for a walk with my DH helped too.

We are here for you. Keep us posted on your progress even if its just to vent :-)
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Awww..don't be too hard on yourself...that first week post op is a real emotional rollercoaster ride...it does get better! If you are able...sit outside on your porch...be sure to be warm & comfortable...sometimes just a change of scenery helps! And stay in your PJ's...if you get dressed...the family seems to take that as a sign that you are ready for "chores"! Best wishes! HUGZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 06:31 PM

The emotional roller coaster is normal. I cried so much in the weeks after my surgery. They say that the blood supply to the ovaries is disrupted during surgery and it takes a while to re-establish. Hang in there it does get better!
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:20 AM

Thanks ladies! I just wish my family understood. If my husband was having a procedure, I would have read up on it and made sure all of his needs were met, emotionally and otherwise. That's how I stumbled upon this website. Thanks for letting me vent! Feels good knowing you aren't "alone".
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:31 AM

You're never alone, we're always here for you! There is a section on this site dedicated to men. I printed that stuff out for my DH. I also printed specifics on my surgery, what they did to me, what my restrictions were, etc. I suggest printing it out and leaving it on the coffee table for him to read.
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:39 AM

We're here for you!!! As much as my husband is trying to help me, he doesn't understand why I feel like crying for no reason.

I am worried about you mentioning how you want to go back t work in the near future? You had yours 9 days after me and I can't even imagine doing that!! Please just try to hang in there and take care of yourself!!

We're here for you and we understand how you feel!!!! Vent to us! Women need women! Especially when we go thru something like this!!

God bless!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register