Sore Buns 4 Days Post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore Buns 4 Days Post op Sore Buns 4 Days Post op

Unread 02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Sore Buns 4 Days Post op

Hello Fellow Sisters, My surgery was Wed Feb 8. I had my uterus and both ovaries removed. No cancer was found. Stayed in the hospital 2 nights. My biggest problem now is I have 2 huge blisters on my buns, one on each check. It is painful and itchy. I wish they had told me how quickly your skin can break down. Having to sit or lie on my back is not helping any. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My pain is manageable. I am on Percocet, 2 tabs every 4 hours. I find I need only 1 every 6 hours or so. It is actually not as bad as I had feared. I slept alot the first 2 days home. Trying to eat lightly. My biggest investment in my comfort for when I came home was a power recliner. It is the best thing I did for myself. The chair goes almost all the way down like a bed. Helps to ease the stress of trying to get out of bed. Wishing everyone all the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Re: Sore Buns 4 Days Post op

I had an allergic reaction to something in surgery. I remember while they had me transfer to the table, the table had an round opening under my bottom. They must have taped something to me. A day or so after surgery I realized I had this ring around my butt that blistered and itched (I'm allergic to adhesive).

Normally, skin doesn't break down that quickly so I'm wondering if you ended up with an allergic reaction like me. To prevent break down make sure you roll over periodically. You also should be getting up often enough that it doesn't happen. I have cared for sick and elderly where this is a constant worry. Have someone rubbing lotion/massage those areas can help too.

Skin breakdown happens because the pressure from lying in the same position reduces blood flow to that area. With sick and elderly they often already have problems and those can be compounded by things like diabetes. They also have problem moving themselves into other positions and need someone to move them around.

Make sure you are getting up and walking several times a day. Good healing!
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:15 AM

Thank you. I walk every couple of hours. I have been using Balneol to clean the area. Unfortunately it is missing layers of skin. Too much pain to lie on my side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 07:06 PM

Is your doctor aware of the break down of your skin? If not please let him or her know so you can find out how to get your skin to heal and also find out how this happened. It might be helpful for the next time, if there is a next time, that you have surgery.
Unread 02-15-2012, 12:48 AM

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon. I wonder what they do to your buns during surgery. I didn't get a blister, but I got a big, nasty cyst that hurt like heck and oozed blood for 5 weeks. I will be 6 weeks post op on Friday, and now just have a tiny lump. Your problem sounds worse. I propped my self with pillows to sleep on my side. It got comfortable after the ininitial turn. And after about a week, I was fine sleeping on my side wi thout pillows. I only sat in really really cushy padded chairs for weeks. I still prefer them. I hope you feel better soon. If it were me, I would definitely ask the doctor or nurse at his or her office if there is anything you can do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register