Happy note about endometrial biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy note about endometrial biopsy Happy note about endometrial biopsy

Unread 06-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Happy note about endometrial biopsy

Hi sisters ,

I just had my endometrial biopsy. My Dr.s appointment today was really just for a question and answer session (questions about my LSH that I got off this site!) and to review my latest ultrasound. I knew I'd need an endometrial biopsy (recommend one to everyone having Laparoscopic hysterectomy). Well my Dr. said "do you want to do the biopsy now - right now in my office?" Well, I was a bit apprehensive because I read that they are very very painful especially for women that hadn't had any children (which I haven't). But I hate waiting for medical procedures so I said "Yes. Let's do it". Well, she did it without any pain meds, no acetominophin - nothing. I hurt a bit but it really wasn't that bad at all! I just tried to think of something else and then it was over : ) So I really wanted to let people know that the Endometrial biopsy may not be as aweful as you think

On another note: Since I didn't know I was having the procedure I didn't eat anything before the appointment (I thought I'd just get something after). Well, because I had no calories in my system and only coffee (sort of dehydrated). I did feel faint on the way home. I had to pull over and have some sips of water. It was a bit scary. I think if I had eaten and hydrated myself there would have been no consequences from the biopsy (also, the temp was almost 90 degrees - and for us Mainers, that in itself is a shock to the system!). Probably because I had the procedure unexpectedly it sort of mentally shocked my system. But all is well now and like I said the actual procedure was pretty easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Re: Happy note about endometrial biopsy

Hi

I posted earlier today in this forum - Titled: "Happy note about endometrial biopsy". I forgot to mention that I asked my Dr. if today was a good time to get my endometrial biopsy because I just finished my period and maybe my cervix would be a tad more "open". She said yes that's a good time to do it for that reason. So, it may be a good idea to schedule your endometrial biopsy on the day after your last day of your period. Hope my info has helped and eased some fears.
Unread 06-18-2010, 09:08 PM

Thanks 4Leslie. Mine is next Friday which should be at the end of my period. (not on purpose)
She gave me a prescription for something that starts with a 'C'. It's supposed to open up my cervix a little. I also have never had children.
I had one these biopsies 9 years ago without a prescription and without warning. It was not too bad.

Good luck with your results!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2010, 08:03 AM

Did you ladies have any bleeding after the endometrial biopsy? much cramping? I also am having mine next Friday, the 25th...mid cycle~~darn it.

I have plans at church that night and plans the next day for a beach party (and 2 other gatherings I most likely wont' make it to.) I'm just wondering what I'm going to feel like and what I may or may not be able to do.

I've had a biopsy of the cervix before but not the endo lining.
Unread 06-19-2010, 11:39 AM

it did not hurt much and i did not have the softner med for cervix. Not a lot of cramping either. However, I did bleed/spot for about a week after.
Unread 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Good to hear it doesn't hurt bad because I was beginning to get nervous when they scheduled mine for Wed. Im not real good at tolerating pain.
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoLover View Post
Did you ladies have any bleeding after the endometrial biopsy? much cramping? I also am having mine next Friday, the 25th...mid cycle~~darn it.

I have plans at church that night and plans the next day for a beach party (and 2 other gatherings I most likely wont' make it to.) I'm just wondering what I'm going to feel like and what I may or may not be able to do.

I've had a biopsy of the cervix before but not the endo lining.
Hi FlamingoLover,

I did have some slight cramping and spotting. The cramping (mild) lasted that whole day and into the next. I did move slower and more carefully as I figured that there was a wound in my uterus - I thought "better safe than sorry". I'm glad I took it easy for 2 days. I usually jog but I just let my DH take the 2 dogs and jog them for those 2 days while I sat in the car (not easy for me to just sit around!). I also had a few stabbing pains but they were very quick - by the time I was aware they were gone. I'm still spotting and it's been 3 days now. I was a bit nervous about that but after reading other posts I see that that is normal. The spotting is like when your period sometimes fades out instead of ends abruptly. Sort of like slight lingering period. The blood isn't intense or heavy. I just wear a pad and notice a little pale blood (and when I wipe with TP). Hope that answers your questions : ) Sending you happy thoughts! 4Leslie
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:31 PM

Thank you! I am having my biopsy on Thursday and then leaving straight for Chattanooga for a couple of days. My hubby booked a nice hotel and wants to go to the aquarium the next day. I was worried about being able to enjoy that. He said he would rent a wheelchair if I wanted one.
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM

Hi flwrgardener - I see that you and I will be having our hysterectomies done on the same day - July 13th. Let's have great results and quick recovery - OK!!
Have fun in Chattanooga - I love aquariums!! You may want to take it slow and easy after your Endo biopsy (see my above post to FlamingoLover).

Sending Hugs! 4Leslie
Unread 06-21-2010, 06:00 AM

Thank you 4Leslie. I will be sure to take it easy. I may just go ahead and rent that chair. I haven't been to an aquarium for many years. I am looking forward to it.

I hadn't thought about it, but it is comforting to know there are others having their surgery the same day. And the same procedure even! I wish you the best.

Hug received and returned:-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register