Dreams? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Dreams?

Share any of your pre or post op dreams that you have had related to your hyst...

I have had 2:

First one I was at a drug store picking up Valentine's Candy and my daughter ran in (she is 6 and about 46 pounds) and I PICKED HER UP to give her a big hug! I immediately felt something pull at my belly button and panicked that I tore something internally...

Second dream was odd. I was doing my Urgent Care patient registration job- but it was in a very large Golden Corral(?!?!) and the line of families was huge and out the door. As the greeter handed me one parent's insurance card and ID, there was a note on her card that said "Send her to Dr.________ (name of my DR)'s office after her child is seen as she is having a pre-op appointment for a hysterectomy after that. I spent the rest of my dream trying to get through the crowd to that woman so I could meet her and share my experience with her.

Anyone else or am I just a crazy person?

Amy
LAVH- 1/31/2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Re: Dreams?

Ive dreamnt about being pregnant whish is weird and other dreams are always vivid and intense dreamnt at one point I was dating Jim Carrey lol
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:31 PM

NO no you are not crazy, actually glad to see I wasn't the only one with crazy dreams. I thought maybe it was the pain meds but have been off them now for a week, my dreams are like my next day, very detailed, with weird quirks, I actually wake up wondering what day it is or if the day already happened. Like last night i had a dream I was watching the super bowl, but I half time we watched finding nemo, what?????
Yeah so don't think you're crazy
Holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Glad I am not alone and I love seeing what other people are dreaming about!

Leading up to my surgery I had quite a few dreams about being pregnant or trying to get pregnant. One even had the ultrasound showing me pregnant with twins!!! Obviously my brain was trying to somehow reconcile the fact that I was about to permanently lose my fertility.

Amy
Unread 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM

I mentioned to another poster that with Percocet my husband had very hallucinogenic type nightmares and had to be changed to a different medication. Thankfully I am not having anything like that- but I am certainly dreaming more vividly right now!
Unread 02-08-2011, 04:14 AM

Wow, I was dreaming yesterday that I was still in the hospital and the doctor came in, examined me and announced that I needed another surgery. I cried and cried. They were starting to prep me and I told them that I had to use the bathroom. I was wandering down the hall and on my way back I got lost and couldn't find my room. then I noticed my room was given away and I couldn't find the doctors. then I woke up. the end.

--------
17 days post op
TAH kept ovaries.
Unread 02-08-2011, 05:16 AM

That definitely sounds like the type of dream I would have- I have lots and lots of them where I am on my way to find something or someone and I get lost- or things keep getting in the way... Like the dream I mentioned above- when I kept trying to get to that woman who was going to have a hyster too, I never could through the whole dream- people would keep stopping to talk to me, then I'd lose sight of her, etc...
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:58 AM

My dreams are actually way too vivid these last several days and all of them involve me being chased. Tonight, I drempt I was chased by a large cop and pulled over on a dirt road - at night (as all my dreams are set at night too). To be honest, in my dream I'd been looking for a place to treat myself to some naughty happiness but everywhere I looked was too dangerous seeming - every likely stop had scary men hovering around. I was supposed to let this cop search my truck but instead I woke up.

The night's before that I had dreams of being held captive by three witches who, for whatever reason, were cursed to defecate food items for prisoners. One made chocolate cake, one made a duck dish, and one made mashed potatoes. I was completely grossed out from that one.

And prior to that (the same night) I'd had another dream of being chased by criminals through some sort of weird funhouse/arcade thingy. They were trying to hurt me or molest me or something. The arcade was like, filled with oversized roller coaster seats and some rooms were packed with people while others were empty. I couldn't escape the maze of rooms no matter which door I went through.

My very first dream back from the hospital involved me trying to rescue a little 5 year old girl from an arranged marriage with an older man. First I had to break her free from inside a rusted out old car and then I spent the dream carrying her around trying to keep her away from the man - running down wet city streets at night sometimes with friends and sometimes alone.

I can pretty much tie the themes of all these dreams together but it's still disturbing.
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:16 AM

Yikes! Sure is! Are you on any pain meds still or no? I am 4 weeks post op and not on any meds aside from Tylenol or Motrin occasionally- but the past few nights I have had some weird ones and haven't been sleeping well because of odd dreams- even with the use of Melatonin and Benadryl to knock me out.

Amy
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylily View Post
Yikes! Sure is! Are you on any pain meds still or no? I am 4 weeks post op and not on any meds aside from Tylenol or Motrin occasionally- but the past few nights I have had some weird ones and haven't been sleeping well because of odd dreams- even with the use of Melatonin and Benadryl to knock me out.

Amy
Had my surgery on the 25th so I'm hoping this will start to fade soon. I'm on Percoset which I fully blame for a lot of this! I dream weird anyhow but this seems to have opened the door wide to this. I look forward to not needing to take it every night but without it I fear I might not sleep at all- I feel too awake when I'm not drugging it up lol!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register