New here and nervous!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here and nervous!! New here and nervous!!

Unread 07-25-2012, 11:26 PM
New here and nervous!!

My LAVH and BSO are scheduled for Jul 31, I had my pre op today and now my nerves are taking over. I guess its just because its the fear of the unknown......any advice or suggestions very much welcomed...

Thanks
Nicole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Re: New here and nervous!!

Hi & welcome!

It's normal to feel the pre-op jitters. The waiting is the hardest part of the journey. If your nerves get the best of you, ask your doctor to prescribe something to help calm you down.

Try to keep busy getting your house ready for when you come home, doing things you enjoy, running any errands, etc.

Many of us were basket cases before our surgeries. I was a mess, but once I got on the other side, I was so glad I had it done.

Everything is going to be OK. At your prep during the day of your surgery, let the staff know of any fears or concerns and they will address them for you. They will take good care of you.
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:47 AM

Scheduled for the 31st too. I'm with ya. We will get through this together. Hugs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2012, 06:26 AM

I'm scheduled Aug 9. This site helps. I also started making lists of what I want to have done before to make the after easier. I like reading the post op boards.
Unread 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM
New here and nervous!!

Im right there with you! I have my pre-op testing tomorrow and I'm feeling the nerves too! The unknown is killing me and I dont meet with my dr till next Tuesday. My surgery is set for the 3rd of aug! Good luck to you!
Unread 07-26-2012, 06:54 AM

I was where you all are. I can say that the waiting is probably the worst part. I had to wait a month before mine. Not knowing what to expect is hard. Afterwards, at least you know what road you're on, RECOVERY!!!!! My advice is to embrace this time and enjoy the freedom you have to just "do." Recovery is a time of rest. Funny how you always long for a "do nothing" time in your life and when it gets here, you find it such a challenge. Women! We are something else, but I love us! Good luck to you all. I am 7 weeks tomorrow and I'm very glad I had it done. Wish I would've done it sooner. Peace!
Unread 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM

Hi and welcome! I had LAVH bso 3 weeks ago. Waiting for surgery IS the hardest part. Just reassure yourself as to why you are having this surgery and think about how much better you are going to feel afterwards.
I wish that I had this done years ago....so happy, no regrets
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Hi. I'm scheduled for the 31st as well. There is so much information on this site, reading it helps to calm my fears.

((HUGS))
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:08 PM

The wait is the worse part. Remember that your doctor and the hospital staff are well trained and will take great care of you. Don't worry about the pain. Tell the nurses you are in pain and they will give you something for it. f you are scared and have questions ask the nurses and your doctor. They will talk you thru it and make you feel more comfortable. You will feel soooo much better!!!
I had my surgery almost 2 years ago and I am pain free. It is so nice not to be in excruciating pain and not bleeding. I am so glad I had it done. Intamacy is so much better than it ever was before the surgery. Listen to your body and rest after you get home. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask them here and you will get the answers and encouragement you need. Sending prayers your way!!!
Unread 07-26-2012, 07:28 PM

Best wishes for it to be over soon and that you will be on the road to recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register