Six days post hysterectomy: eating like crazy, can't sleep and pain in vaginal area - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six days post hysterectomy: eating like crazy, can't sleep and pain in vaginal area Six days post hysterectomy: eating like crazy, can't sleep and pain in vaginal area

Unread 10-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Re: Six days post hysterectomy: eating like crazy, can't sleep and pain in vaginal area

I really v over did it yesterday. I can't get out of bed today it hurts so bad. Should I call the Dr. Or is this a norm for over doing. 😢
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Re: Six days post hysterectomy: eating like crazy, can't sleep and pain in vaginal area

Now's the time to rest and take some pain killers. Day 9-11 were the WORST for me. I don't know why but my pain was really bad and I was tired of it. Then I forced myself to stay still until day 15 and I feel so much better as long as I don't push it. I watched a lot of tv and read a lot of books. It's boring since I am a very active person. I'm holding on to the days in the future when I will run and dance again and clean my house to my standards. But for now, I don't want any set-backs. I don't want adhesions and scar tissue that bothers me years later because I couldn't cope with a few dust bunnies or dirty dishes.

Call your doctor if your pain can't be controlled by pain killers. It will get better in a few days. Just give yourself some time to heal.
Unread 10-18-2014, 11:19 AM

Oh, and for the insomnia, try taking something like Advil PM. That has helped me so much! But I have to take it about 1 hour before I want to fall asleep and give myself a good nine hours or I feel groggy in the morning. I have to be tired for Xanax to work (which is for anxiety but my doctor prescribed it for sleep before the surgery? It worked and then it stopped working.)

Don't take Tylenol PM if your strong pain killers have acetaminophen in them. Ask the pharmacist what you can take with what you are already taking.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2014, 11:33 AM

Hello ladies I'm in day 6 of post op was having some problems with gas pains and a little acid reflux myself what's helping me now is Lots of water and ginger tea lemon honey ..fresh ginger boil it and make warm too it helps I'm off the pain because I'm moving my bowels to the gas is coming out I'm doing what my body ask me to do which is rest no problems sleeping . I had a very difficult surgery and my hospital stay was 6 days my doctor left my ovaries in because they was stuck to my my uterus was so large it was wrap around my organs but thank God I'm here .wishing you a speedy recovery my siste
Unread 10-18-2014, 04:33 PM

I am on day 8 and on day 3 I started having some sleeeping issues but not as bad as yours. Firstly I never did narcotics, luckily I have been able to get by with ibuprofen and tylenol since narcotics make me very sick- but even if I don't sleep during day I make myself lay down in bed or on couch for an hour at least twice a day because like you I had a day where I thought I felt great and did little more than I should have, nothing major just pushed further than I should have. On the positive side my set back was only for a day or so of really being off feet completely again. At night or early am if I am in be and am awake for more than an hour I get up and watch tv/work on crafts/read. If at 6 in evening I am really tired I go to bed. Sleep when your body wants to for now. Take stool softners, drink lots (I keep pushing myself on that one) And I am glad I am not the only one who is eating a lot too. Good luck!!!
Unread 10-18-2014, 04:59 PM

I'm on day 10, I do a little more each day, but really haven't pushed it. I take Xanax in the morning for anxiety, have for a while, but I take Klonopin at night and that helps me sleep. I take 3 stool softeners a day, I go a little, but it's not great. I'm getting some pains in lower back and on my left side, tugging feeling in the belly and still walk extremely slow. I have a hard time not cleaning and stuff either, but I'd rather heal good so I can get back to normal living, which I can't wait to do. I take about half a pain pill, 2 Aleve so really not that bad on pain. Will drink warm prune juice if the bowels don't start moving better, the milk of mag sure helped, but I'll use that as my last resort. Good luck to everyone, I hope we all feel better soon!
Unread 10-18-2014, 10:19 PM

Thanks for your reply. I really feel bad today like the inside of my stomach is ripping and burning. .. not like sore from sit ups. It literally feels like it's ripping when I move. I feel emotional today and I don't want to call the hospital or Dr as I feel like in a pain in the rear.

First day home I believe it was the 3rd or 4th day home I called the hospital crying explaining the pain med was not lasting long enough. .. mind you coming off of morphine for breakthrough pain in hospital and percocets 7.5 I believe, and ibuprofen 800 mg every 8 hours. Needless to say I was a mess on the 4th day and one nurse was wonderful the second nurse was treating me like sorry if your in that much pain go to er instead of calling the dr. I explained I did not want to go to er and pay another expense when I wad just released from there. I told her fine don't call the dr. I will call her office on Monday.

She then replied well that's not until Monday and I said I know I will just deal with it. She then said well your obviously upset. .. let me call the dr and see if we can prescribe you something to sleep. It was just the way she treated me and I was in pain and a bit emotional. None the less she called in Xanax. It helped me sleep and she also told me I was waiting to long before my next dose of pain meds. I was waiting the 6 hrs like the bottle said. 1 to 2 every six hrs. She said no no , not when your fresh or of surgery you need to be taking 1 to 2 every 4 hours. That is what I did and I ended up running out. The dr gave me one more refill told me to go back to the 6 hr rule to try to use only when in bad pain. I don't like ibuprofen as it messes with my stomach and acid reflux. Anyway I've been only taking maybe two a day...I was feeling better , walking and I'm not going to lie but bored out of my mind after the first two nights at most Xanax wad not making me sleepy. I only take one at bedtime. I've started to suffer horrible insomnia , I've been moving chairs sweeping, cleaning counters loading dish washer carrying small laundry baskets but I've been pushing and lifting things probably a little more then I should have been and last night was the final straw. I really woke up hurting more than I ever have so far and it's 9 days post op. Last night was it...I woke this morning hoping to go to my son's football game and my stomach hurt so bad that I couldn't get up , it feels like tearing or burning on the inside. . I've been down all day I'm emotional and now I've had to take the dang pain pills again and I still can't sleep.

I'm afraid I did something inside but can't tell, I am spotting very tiny only notice when I pee. Which kind of hurts. I'm afraid to call the doctor or hospital back to ask if there is something else they can give to make me sleep or that is safe to take with pain meds.

I just feel a mess today. 😢 I know I did this to myself by doing things I shouldn't have but how do I fix or take it back. Why should I feel afraid to call the doctor, like I'm a nuisance. Has anyone been going through this too?
Unread 10-18-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluvfam52 View Post
I'm post op 6 days and I'm eating like crazy and I don't know why.... Especially with the fact that it took until day 5 to have a bm. I'm having lots of pain and I just woke myself up for the second night with acid coming up my throat. which is why I'm awake now. I'm also feeling like I can't sleep but I'm very tired and in having some more pain in the vaginal area and my side. Is any of this normal. I feel awful.
I did the same thing it was like I could not get full. I still am having issues with my sleeping. I stay so exhausted. I have the same pains. I even fell as if my vagina is gonna fall out. I have lots of pressure down there tonight. I think it's where I walk more today. I wish you the best of luck and you'll be in my prayers.
Unread 10-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Six days post hysterectomy: eating like crazy, can't sleep and pain in vaginal area

Thank you. You will be in mine too. I just wish I knew if I did something inside to the stitches inside or whatever they did inside. 😦
Unread 10-18-2014, 10:42 PM

You should call your dr. If your worried. Or have any questions. I think I just over did it a walked more than I,had been. Just make sure you do what your dr. Said. I am so afraid to bend, I mobed th eating way & gees. Did it hurt. Just take it easy. Rest. I no if your like me your so tired of being tired. Lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register