Need help regarding fatigue question for anyone 3 months post op or longer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need help regarding fatigue question for anyone 3 months post op or longer Need help regarding fatigue question for anyone 3 months post op or longer

Unread 03-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Need help regarding fatigue question for anyone 3 months post op or longer

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on what your fatigue level is/was at 3 months post-op. My DH and I are supposed to take a trip to Europe when I'll be 3 months post-op and we'll be doing A LOT of siteseeing on foot for 2 weeks straight, but I don't know how much energy I will have then. The trip is very expensive so I was wondering whether to go now or postpone the trip. I would hate to be too tired halfway through the trip to enjoy everything. I am currently 5 1/2 weeks post-op and my energy level is still quite low. I don't nap during the day (never have in my life), but come night, I am quite tired. I still have not gone back to work because my job is too physical.

I realize no one can speak on my behalf, but I was wondering what the consensus was. We haven't booked the trip yet but we will be soon.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 02:14 PM

Just from my own experience, I'd say you'll be just fine. At three months, I found that by Friday night I would sometimes fall asleep in front of the TV at 9 pm (not normal for me), but that was pretty much the extend of unusual fatigue. I was doing all of my normal activities by then, and perfectly fine 95% of the time.
Unread 03-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeepers
Just from my own experience, I'd say you'll be just fine. At three months, I found that by Friday night I would sometimes fall asleep in front of the TV at 9 pm (not normal for me), but that was pretty much the extend of unusual fatigue. I was doing all of my normal activities by then, and perfectly fine 95% of the time.
I was interested in the same thing.

Hey eeepers

How are you feeling now? Still falling asleep early on Fridays? I ask because I have an annual trip that will take place when I am about 6 months out (that's where you are now, right?) and I just want to know whether I can handle it. It is 7 days of extreme physical activity with about 2,000 children (I'm in Children and Youth Ministry).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 04:18 PM

Hi, Renee--I'm about 7 months out now, but certainly by 6 I felt totally normal and had no need to restrict anything. By about 4, I was doing my full workout every day (minimum 40 minutes of walking, 20 minutes of conditioning exercise, including stomach exercises) with absolutely no pain or other problems. And I no longer nod off in front of the TV.

(2,000 kids?!! You're very brave!)
Unread 03-08-2008, 04:30 PM

By 3 months you should be pretty much ok for your trip. For me I was almost 90 percent back to normal. Except for the stomach thing, which is still alittle fabby yet. It will be a year july. Your body will still let you know if your walking to much so just pay attention to yourself and you should be fine.
Unread 03-08-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeepers
Hi, Renee--I'm about 7 months out now, but certainly by 6 I felt totally normal and had no need to restrict anything. By about 4, I was doing my full workout every day (minimum 40 minutes of walking, 20 minutes of conditioning exercise, including stomach exercises) with absolutely no pain or other problems. And I no longer nod off in front of the TV.

(2,000 kids?!! You're very brave!)
Thanks - I wasn't sure. I seem to be doing well and am back to work, but I didn't want to overestimate how I would feel.

The thing with the kids is probably one of the greatest things that I do. And it is sooooo much fun.

Thanks again for the response. I'll go ahead and get my act together to to head to Louisville Kentucky this year.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register