TAH stitches stapes or laser | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stitches stapes or laser stitches stapes or laser

Unread 12-07-2010, 11:00 PM
stitches stapes or laser

I had my TAH last week
has any one had their incision closed by laser if so how well does it heal does it heal better than stitches or staples ?
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Re: stitches stapes or laser

I have never heard of an incision closed by laser. Do you have more details on how it was done? I am quite interested.
Unread 12-08-2010, 08:10 AM

hi danni
I had my TAH on the 30th when i saw my doctor on day 3 after surgery i asked how many stitches i had he said what do you mean inside?
i said no under this dressing, he said want to know a secret you have no stitches out side its all done by laser he said inside i have 4 layers of stomach that has hundreds of stitches in them all disolvable stitches
this is the first time ive ever heard of laser being used the scar is about 8 to 9 inch long and looks brown and slightly red in parts as if its been burned i was wondering if any one else had this and what it looks like after its healed i was also reading that it takes 3 months for the stitches inside to disolve didnt expect it to take that long but its good in a way that it takes that long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Im intrigued myself because I didn't have any stitches or staples that I could see. Nor any that had to be removed on my 2 week checkup. I wonder if thats what my dr did. All I had were some steri strips and my incision was fine. Right now I put a little cocoa butter/vitamin E oil on it to try to lessen the look of the scar...though it doesnt matter because I wont EVER wear a bikini lol! I'm a fluffy sister.
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Misslady, I had subcutaneous stitches so you can't see them either or at least, I wouldn't have been able to see them if one hadn't got left poking out and then got infected.
MysteryLady, the laser closure is fascinating. I am going to have to look that up on Google.
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:47 PM

hi danni
i went to google it and found somehing that was shown on the news about a new way of closing incisions looks like my surgeon is up to date on his precedures i didnt have any steri strips on
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:54 PM

i was thinking the other day and wondered how much extra work would have been involved to incorporate a tummy tuck in with the op i have lost a bit of weight recently and had a little tummy the surgeon did the bikini incision and the loose skin now feels heavy and covers the scar wouldnt it have been nice to come home looking better than we went in maybe years down the line doctors will think about that
Unread 12-08-2010, 06:09 PM

mysterylady,

I have a belly and it would have been soooo nice to have a tummy tuck while I was already under because now I feel like I will still eventually have another surgery. Im a fluffy sister but the only thing I really have problems with is the tummy. My aunt had both done at the same time. You would have had to just coordinate for both dr's to be there and after one was done, the other would take over.

If only I had the money at the time!!
Unread 12-08-2010, 06:32 PM

wish i had thought about that to i may plant that idea in my surgeon head when i see him next maybe others may be given that option

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register