TLH TraveL abroad @ 6.5 weeks post TLH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TraveL abroad @ 6.5 weeks post TLH TraveL abroad @ 6.5 weeks post TLH

Unread 04-11-2011, 12:45 PM
TraveL abroad @ 6.5 weeks post TLH

Hi everyone
We had planned a family Vacation in May to travel to America, this was before I had to undergo TLH, (I live in India) Now I am three weeks post surgery and am wondering whether to continue with this trip, it's still after 3.5 weeks. So it would be 6.5 weeks after surgery ! I was wondering whether I could take the sixteen hour flight n then all the traveling within ! Only plus point is I have my cousins and very good friends where I will be visiting.... The total duration of trip is 3 weeks,
My children are so excited about this Trip and I still am feeling so tired n not my usual self.. So I was wondering if any of you can share some of your views or experiences so that I can then decide whether to go ahead or not...
Hope all of u are healing well,
Hugs
Angel26
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Re: TraveL abroad @ 6.5 weeks post TLH

Hi Angel,

If you can postpone the trip, I think you would be better off , but if you can't then I personally think you can do it. You definitely need to find time to rest, nap, sleep. I was never tired during my recovery. I was tired and very exhausted my first week back to work (6 weeks post op). My 2nd week of work I was better, but still tired. I was also more sore in my lower abdomen because I was sitting for hours. You will definitely have to stand up during the 16 hour flight. Please remember not to over do it as you do not want to cause any damage.

Good luck on your decision. If you do decide to go, have a wonderful time!

Suzy
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:13 PM

Thanks Suzy, I think you are right.. I will probably feel more tired once I resume all normal activities and travel for a normal person is also exhausting so I am thinking of canceling and going somewhere near home like a beach Vacation so all I have to do is Relax.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Hugs, Angel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:41 AM

Personally, I am only at almost 4 weeks post-op, but I could not imagine traveling on an overseas trip at 7 weeks. I think for you to change it to something closer to you will be the best thing. Just tell your kids you are just postponing the trip, and you will still do it later. I hope you heal well, and continue to rest when needed. I've read on this website that it really takes us 6 months to one year to feel back to normal! Enjoy your beach vacation! Now that I could go for right now! robyn
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:57 AM

Thanks Robyn, am Thinking of postponing as u rightly said... I need the rest !! hope you are healing well, hugs, Angel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register