Rectal Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Rectal Pain

Hello everyone!
It has been 10 months since I have my LAH and I am loving it!!! One of the teachers that I work with said "Oh embrace it, this is the best thing that you can do for yourself" She was right. I have others that say, "oh my stomach is cramping today, I feel so bad" I just have to ask them and I will say, You know that week after your period?" I will tell them that I feel like that everyday!! It is a wonderful thing just to wear white when we like!!

My question is I am having severe rectal pain prior to a bowel movement. I might not really know that It is time to go to the bathroom.... until that hits me and if I were to have a cup of coffee or somthing in my hand I would spill it. The pain is so sharp that he totally puts me at attention. I wonder what I would do if that were to happen if I was at work or out in the public or something. It will generally happen once a day. When it happens It totally stops me in my tracks!! I can't hardly walk or move for a couple of minutes. Once I use the restroom it will go away. I have not had this prior to my surgery. Has anyone else had this happen to them after their surgery? What advice to you have for me. Is this something that I need to go to the Dr. about? I apprectiate all the information that you can provide.

Thanks and have a blessed day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Rectal Pain

I've had a few of those, but they aren't releated to BMs. I stop what I'm doing, deer-in-the-headlights, doubleover and am in pain for a good minute or two. I think it is just muscles spasming, adjusting to all of the rough treatment during surgery. I don't know that for a fact, but that's what I suspect.

If it continues, be sure to tell your doctor.
Unread 07-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Rectal Pain

i am 6 weeks post op and I have that pain most days before BM but not all days. My DR just said give yourself time to heal.
TAH/BSO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register