Pre op today, and feel wonderful now!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre op today, and feel wonderful now!!! Pre op today, and feel wonderful now!!!

Unread 10-03-2001, 05:29 PM
Pre op today, and feel wonderful now!!!

hello ladies,
Yes of course I was a wreck today waiting patiently for my pre op and I have to say all went well. Was only sent home w/ the breathing machine to practice w/, and no orders of any bowel prep. I am happy, just hope it doesn't work "against" me. Anyways, as I was meeting w/ the Anasthesiologist, I kept noticing a huge 8x10 picture in my chart. Assuming it was from my last D&C that I have never seen. So after all the questions were answered I asked him if he wouldn't mind showing me that picture. Well, I **** near died! Things just looked to terrible. I asked him if this was from my last D&C, done july 30, and maybe he was wrong (him not being my doctor and all), or it could have been my first D&C done 5 years ago! Either way, it looked NASTY!!!! My dr did say for my first that he removed endo, and this last one he said just adhesions (although the report said Could be endo) There was a huge spot of endo, and lots of adhesions. But the thing that got me was the picture of my ovary AFTER he removed the endo.....How could it ever work well again??? It had a huge white hole in it!!!! Anyways, it really made me realize that YES I was doing the right thing, and YES I am so excited to get all of this GARBAGE out of me!!!!!! I am aware of what healthy organs should look like, because of all the helpful links I've found here, and mine definately didn't fall in that catagory. I believe God works in mysterious ways. If I didn't see that picture today (by accident), I would probably still be having my doubts. Now there aren't any!!!! Thanks for listening and will talk to you all soon!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2001, 06:10 PM

Pictures are a tell tale sign....when I saw my organs...eeeesh!

:eyes:

I made up my mind when I saw my pics. YUCK
Unread 10-03-2001, 07:19 PM

I'm glad you're more at peace with your decision now. I had onset of severe pain and bleeding last night and got the same reaffirmation. If the TAH wasn't scheduled for tomorrow I was probably gonna do it myself!

TA-ta for now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register