Dry downstairs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dry downstairs Dry downstairs

Unread 01-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Dry downstairs

Hi

I had my op on 28/9/12 and I have recovered really well and I was cleared for sex a long while back. I have had no problems in this are but at the beginning of this week I thought I had thrush after a course of antibiotics and so I got a canestan tablet to clear it up, it turns out I don't have thrush but I am extremely dry both inside and outside downstairs. I have bought some Replens and this is helping but whats causing it as I still have both my ovaries and like I said everything is in working order. I thought this only happened if your ovaries were taken out.

Can anyone shed some light on this please, the itching and dryness is driving me nuts at night but not too bad through out the day.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Re: Dry downstairs

For the vaginal dryness you might want to try a lubricant to help keep your vagina moist. You can still have these symptoms even though you still have ur ovaries. For the itchyness , do you think u might have a yeast infection ? Do you have any discharge ? Looks like cottage cheese. White clumpy. I hope this helps u sister! Good luck and happy healing !
Unread 01-09-2013, 01:55 PM

I have been KY jelly but its not helping much and have bought replens and tried it too and its tamed it a bit, am thinking i may have a yeast infection indeed but not had any discharge at all. Have made an appointment to see my gp on friday so hopefully will get to the bottom of it. Thanks xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2013, 02:44 PM

Besides a yeast infection you might have the doctor check for bacterial vaginosis too. It can cause pain and dryness.
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM

i will add that, thank you
Unread 01-13-2013, 05:32 AM

I have vaginal atrpohy, got more replens and they are testing me to see if i am going through the menopause too even though i still have my ovaries as i am displaying classic signs of menopause apparently, so all good
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:03 AM

Sisters this oh so familiar. I did the replens also was treated for yeast and another antibiotic for whatever. After all of that still burning and pulling and very painful sex. Finally my dr gave me Estrace a vaginal estrogen. I kept my ovaries too but maybe not enough to sustain that area. Let me just say things improved after 1 or 2 applications. I do no need lubricant. I had to use 1 gram twice a wk for a month, then 1x a week got a month, then twice a month, then 1x a month. I am now on the 1x a wk regimen still no issues. The estrogen is not systemic so from what i understand doesn't go in your system. It just helps to plump up those vaginal tissues so they don't atrophy. I will also tell you my dr never suggested it. I suggested it after coming on here and posting and getting a ton of suggestions from my sisters. to you sister I hope you find relief soon.

Unread 01-14-2013, 08:35 AM

Hi quick update, I saw the doc today and I have a severe case of thrush so am on canestan pessaries and fluxiteen tablets and canestan cream, if this doesn't clear it by Thursday I have to go back on Friday and they will do swabs, they have also taken blood to see if I am going through early menopause and I will get the results of that on Friday as well, so here's hoping the pessary and cream do the trick tonight as I am back at work tomorrow for my 2nd week and really don't want a week of itching and dryness like last week. Will update at the end of the week. Thanks to everyone's help too, very much appreciated xx
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:15 PM

Replens gave me yeast also. That stuff did not agree with me...
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM

lunar

Ky makes a longer term moisturizer like replens that has worked better for me than replens. It is called ky liquibeads. Still need to use some lubricant but this helps with oberall moisture.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register