sex after robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sex after robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy sex after robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy

Unread 02-11-2016, 05:40 PM
sex after robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy

I am about to be cleared after 8 loooooong weeks for sex after having a robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Any advice?? Lubricant needed?? If so what is the best lubricant everyone has tried??Short and sweet advised for the first time or just whatever? Any advice appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Re: sex after robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy

I didn't have a robotic assisted surgery, but I can tell you using lubrication can't hurt. Not using it however; it sure can. lol. I would recommend having your partner go slow and easy the first few times you are intimate. It will most likely seem sort of awkward because it has in fact been 8 LONG weeks Wishing you lots of luck doll!
Unread 02-13-2016, 06:45 PM

Anybody have suggestions about good types of lubrication? Never had to use prior but would like to be prepared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee12 View Post
Anybody have suggestions about good types of lubrication? Never had to use prior but would like to be prepared.
Have used Astroglide before, and it works well. Not greasy, and its water based I believe. Hopefully you won't need any, but its always good to have some handy "just in case"
Unread 02-13-2016, 07:53 PM
sex after robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy

Quote:
I am about to be cleared after 8 loooooong weeks for sex after having a robotic assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Any advice?? Lubricant needed?? If so what is the best lubricant everyone has tried??Short and sweet advised for the first time or just whatever? Any advice appreciated
Ok I'm going to answer like we are BFFs... Lol. This might be TMI for some.
My biggest problems are fear and anxiety which several (ok 4) glasses of wine helped me to relax. I've always used lube even prior to surgery. There are water based and oil based (be sure to use water based if using condoms for STD protection). Some are gel... Some not. Gels can work nicely but feel cold... I'd recommend going to a local lingerie sex shop (if not seedy) for a ton of options. I've tried KY, Astroglide, etc. My current favorite is Jo H2O, expensive but a little goes along way. It feels more natural to me than thicker gels. It can be awkward to use lube at first (mood killer), I recommend you apply lube to yourself liberally before things start (unless you're starting with oral). Then can apply lube to your partner during the act. I also have Thera Pause but haven't used it for sex.
So far I've been in a passive position (bottom) and things have been very, very, slow with caution for no deep thrusting. More from my own fears.
It's felt amazing. Though my first O did follow with some uncomfortable cramping. It's improved next several times. I've had zero spotting after. Otherwise, things feel... Tighter. Maybe it's some swelling, not sure. Maybe I'm just too tense.. My best advice is to have low expectations because it's awkward at first. I did not use enough lube the first time and was pretty sore externally for a few days. Short, SLOW and sweet! Good luck sister!
Unread 02-14-2016, 09:36 AM

I'm a nurse there is no such thing as TMI........ Thank you for the info. I am going to hit the lingerie store but I wasn't sure if there were any of the lubes that were better than others. Good starting point. Thank you.
Unread 02-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Astroglide and booze

Quote:
I'm a nurse there is no such thing as TMI........ Thank you for the info. I am going to hit the lingerie store but I wasn't sure if there were any of the lubes that were better than others. Good starting point. Thank you.
Had sex for the first time since surgery. We waited three months! I had a few drinks at dinner to relax and we used Astroglide. I was on top so that I would have control. Very slow movements but I'm happy to say it felt great! I was worried after reading horror stories on other sites because I had my cervix removed. No bleeding, a little cramping after orgasm but overall great for the first time since surgery. Take it slow and a little booze helps to relax! Lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register