Getting frustrated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting frustrated Getting frustrated

Unread 12-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Getting frustrated

My surgery is in 22 days. I cant seem to stay healthy. Beginning of December had a cold, that went away then ended up with a horrible strep infection a week before Christmas, now I have a horrible head cold. I usually only get one cold a year so not sure what is going on with my body.

I want to get rid of this cold and stay healthy until my surgery. I am taking Cold FX, vitamins. Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Getting frustrated

I don't get sick very often either....but a few weeks before my surgery I did the same thing. My dr. said it was probably the stress of the upcoming surgery.Just try to take it easy and call your dr. to see if there is anything you can do over the next few weeks to help yourself get healthy . My prayers are with you.
Unread 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Getting frustrated

Get some Zicam for the cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Getting frustrated

You may be getting a bit stressed over your upcoming surgery. Stress can add to health issues. Try to relax, drink lots of fluids and rest.

Instead of making this a very long post, check out the following site. It gives several suggestions on cold remedies.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/co...src=RSS_PUBLIC

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Unread 12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Getting frustrated

Is Zicam available in Canada? I have never heard of it.

I am sure this is all stressed induced as I have an exam on Jan 11 that I am stressed about.
Unread 12-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Getting frustrated

I am not sure if it's available in Canada but I think Airborne is. It's a similar product. It's OTC so you could just call your local pharmacy and find out.
Unread 12-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Getting frustrated

It's probably just the stress from the holidays, and stress from your upcoming procedure that are keeping you down. Take care of yourself and relax! It sounds like we go in around the same time (I'm on 1/22), and I've been fighting a nasty cold myself. So far, I'm winning. I caught mine early and went to war against my body. If I don't catch mine early, I go downhill VERY quick and it sticks with me forever, so I've become quite the pro at warding off the buggers.

If you've never tried Airborne, go get yourself some. I swear by that stuff. I've been taking Airborne first thing in the morning, along with Mucinex-D to get the crud out of my chest. Mucinex-D is great stuff, but you have to go to the pharmacy to get it, at least here in the US. I'll take another Airborne in the early evening along with an Actifed (also behind the pharmacy here), and another Airborne before I hit the hay. So, my arsenal is - Airborne, Mucinex-D (clears up your head and chest ), and Actifed (or any store brand pseudoephedrine) for a stuffed up head. Get better, take care of yourself, and remember to take in lots of fluids. Good luck - 22 days and counting!
Unread 01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Getting Frustrated

My surgery is in two weeks and I have felt a cold coming on. I spoke with a pharmacist who recommended zinc lozenges three times daily after meals and it worked!! I also ordered an Immune Booster from Arbonne.com called "Get well soon". It contains echinacea and other immune boosting natural ingredients. Good luck!!
Unread 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Getting frustrated

Thanks for all your replies. I have hit this cold hard and I think I may be winning. I am just thankful I dont have a cough because once I get one it takes months to go away. I go back for yet another preop with the anesthiologist on Friday so will see if he has anything to say. After my exam is done on the 11th I am doing nothing but resting to stay healthy until my surgery. I haven't told my 12 yr old son about the surgery yet so I imagine that is contributing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register