How long out of work/DaVinci? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long out of work/DaVinci? How long out of work/DaVinci?

Unread 07-04-2011, 06:18 AM
How long out of work/DaVinci?

Just wondering how long it took you to get back to work after having DaVinci hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Re: How long out of work/DaVinci?

I had the Da vinci on Tuesday, June 21 and I had scheduled 3 weeks off from work, but I am going to start back and try part days this Thursday and Friday, July 7 and 8. I could drive after 8 days and the dr. said it was up to me as to when I felt like going back to work. I'm a paralegal and work at a desk with trips to the fax/copy machine, so it's not too demanding.

Hope this helps.
Unread 07-04-2011, 09:13 AM

I was out for two weeks - I did a little work from home though during that time. But, my first week back, I would get extremely tired. Don't push yourself. You have to listen to your body. I ended up doing half days on the third week after surgery. Everyone is different and you need to make sure you don't cause your recovery period to take longer by doing too much too soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2011, 10:07 AM

I work with two girls who also had the davinci who told me to take the full 6 weeks cause we are talking about ur insides. But it also depends what type of work u do. I am a courier so I have to lift a lot of weight therefore I am taking the full time and still may take longer...butkeep in mind u don't wanna do any damage internally.
Unread 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM

I'm supposed to go back at 6 weeks, but thinking about pushing it to 8 weeks. I'm an aerobics instructor. Been on strict bedrest because of overdoing it in first week of recovery. So, my body is sore and stamina is low. I'm going to need a few weeks to try to get back in shape enough to teach.
Unread 07-04-2011, 04:33 PM

I have a job where I am on my feet 9-10 hours a day. I went back to work at 4 weeks, but I wish I had taken 6 weeks looking back. It was rough but I did it. My dr had said I would be able to work at 2 weeks......she was crazy to even think that. Take the time you need. It is still MAJOR surgery, give your body time to heal.
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:57 PM

I went back to work in 6 weeks as a flight attendant, was very sore for the first 2 days but by the 4th day it wasnt so bad.
Unread 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm also off 6 weeks. My incisions are healing nicely after 2 weeks but my doctor reminded me that this is major surgery so I'm going to go with her recommendations. I feel good but my stamina is not ready for work yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register