Pain galore! 14 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain galore! 14 days post op Pain galore! 14 days post op

Unread 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Pain galore! 14 days post op

Hi ladies, First off, , and hope someone can help me. The short of it is, I am in excruciating pain that I rate a 10 and it is day 14 post op.

Sx was on 11/30 & I was discharged on 12/4 due to an ileus. I had stopped narcotics after day 1 & only took Tylenol (can't take my favorite drug, Ibuprofen, because I'm a Coumadin lifer). By the 3rd day, I quit all pain meds because the pain was manageable.

Bleeding started on day 6 & escalated to major hemorrhaging with scary clots. That bought me another hospital stay with Dr saying maybe a hematoma burst and caused new bleeding on one side of the vaginal cuff. I left the next day with little to no bleeding & still no pain meds.

Pain started on day 11 and continued to ramp up. Tylenol would just barely take the edge off. The pain feels localized to the left side of the vaginal cuff. I don't have a fever and haven't done any crazy activity since Sx. Walking, sitting, moving has become painful. I'm afraid to use the bathroom because any pressure down there hurts like hell!

I called the Dr on Thursday & told her about the pain. She said she would need to see me...on Monday. I called the office today because the pain continued & I figure something is wrong with me. I'd rather find out & fix it sooner rather than later. She wasn't in today & I set an appointment for Monday.

Here we are on Friday night and I have intolerable, unbearable pain. I took Tylenol @ 6pm, but that has felt like candy. I'm now in tears and feel trapped in my bed with pain. I picked up the phone to have the office page the Dr, but what am I going to do? My DH is going to work tonight & I'm home alone with 2 children.

I know I need to be seen by a Dr, but I've come here for some support. Perhaps someone may have experienced my symptoms before and can put my mind at ease?. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Re: Pain galore! 14 days post op

Is there anyone to watch the kids? Should you go to the er? 1. Sitter 2. Call doc and ask about er versus waiting till Monday. I feel so badly for you.
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:07 PM

You need to go to the ER immediately! Please don't delay. Pain like that is not normal. Hubby needs to call work and tell them that he isn't coming in. Please keep us posted after you are seen in the ER.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2012, 01:43 AM

Curious as to what happened here??? Are you okay?? Did you try taking the pain meds prescribed to you by the doctor once the pain kicked in? Just curious as to how this all went down...
Let us know
Unread 12-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Hope all is fine. Let us know how you are.
Unread 12-15-2012, 09:19 AM

I'm still hanging around at home. I made it through the night and called the on call Dr this am. He said he didn't think anything terrible was happening to me because I don't have a fever and don't have nausea or vomiting. He thinks it's possible that an infection may be brewing.
It's basically my choice if I want to go to the ER. I have reservations about going to the ER because they typically order several unnecessary tests and I don't believe the examination will yield anything substantial. Additionally, it could result in a great waste of money.
That's probably foolish or delirious talk, but if my pain pushes me to the edge today, I'll go to the ER.
Unread 12-16-2012, 08:05 AM

I completely understand. If you don't have a fever just watch yourself carefully. Obviously if you find you are getting more symptoms such as nausea and a fever, then I would say go in.

I can tell you the pain I had was also very unbearable when I strained my muscle. It was on the right side with my larger incision. Couldn't go from sitting to standing and vise versa, laying down was completely crazy. I ended up going back to taking my oxycontin but not as often and used the tylenol in between. Pain mgt is important. Though yesterday I did have a sneezing attack and now am very sore on the left side around the vaginal cuff. I will wait and see how it feels through the day. Muscle strains are very tough.....
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM

I finally decided to go to the ER after waking this morning still in really bad pain and finding that I had bled during the night enough to dirty my pajamas. A CT scan was ordered & I'm awaiting the dreaded internal exam. You might hear me screaming soon!
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:45 AM

Yipes....hope it all goes well. Obviously the bleeding through is a HUGE sign something is not right. Sending positive thoughts your way.
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Tuthdoc, let us know how everything turns out. I'm worried about you. I hope everything turns out okay. Prayers for you from Texas!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register