35 days post hysterectomy: some insomnia, anxiety and depression | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

35 days post hysterectomy: some insomnia, anxiety and depression 35 days post hysterectomy: some insomnia, anxiety and depression

Unread 02-11-2015, 01:42 PM
35 days post hysterectomy: some insomnia, anxiety and depression

Hi..My name is Shirley..i am 35 days postop..I am starting to feel good with my incisions and allowing to be more mobile..I still wish my energy level was back to normal..im hoping soon..Im still not quite sleeping as well as I would like and Im not a day sleeper, so that's been hard..I experienced a few days ago some terrible anxiety and some depression..i have never gone though anything like this,,I had a TAH..my Dr put me on some Antivan and Prozac and it seems to have calmed down some although they say it takes a few weeks to fully work,,im waiting..I wondering if anyone else is feeling this way..I would love to talk to other women in the same boat..

Thank you for listening to me.. you guys always make me feel like im not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Re: 35 days post hysterectomy: some insomnia, anxiety and depression

Shirley, this surgery takes a lot out of you. One day at a time, one step at a time, you will get your energy back, give it time.

The other issues have not my experience but maybe some sisters who share your experience will chime in

I hope that you will start to feel better soon.

Unread 02-14-2015, 10:34 AM

Hi I'm 43 had a TVH and rectocele repair in Jan. I was feeling anxious and crying all the time. I've been on hormones and low dose of lexapro for a week. It's starting to help. I still can't sleep and get night sweats. This site has also helped so much. Talking to people who are going through this to helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2015, 10:11 PM

I am 43 and my surgery date was January 12 2015. I am still experiencing fatigue. I just started last week feeling sad and crying spells.I have to keep reminding myself that I had mmajor surgery and my hormones are adjusting. I think I am going to go see my primary doctor and get on an antidepressant. I understand your grief and I am so glad I am not alone.
Unread 02-21-2015, 02:14 PM

I don't know if my medicine is working. I have no interest in doing anything. I just want to lay in bed and watch TV. I really just want my old self back.
Unread 02-21-2015, 11:44 PM

Im 29 days PO and have experiences some of the same symptoms such as fatigue, sleeplessness and a bit of depression. The fatigue stems from your body undergoing a major surgery and will come back in time. Just remember to rest, eat healthy and drink plenty of water. I have experienced major sleeplessness and have just found my saving grace....Zzzquil!!! It has saved my sanity and am starting to feel like I am no longer a walking zombie. Lol As far as depression goes, I have had days where I am down in the dumps, but then equate it going from a hectic lifestyle to a complete stop. Cabin fever doesnt help either. My advice is to try and stay positive and surround yourself with positive and supportive people. Wish you the best.
Unread 02-22-2015, 09:55 AM

I'm 25 and just had everything removed January 27, ovaries removed also. I'm still tired and sometimes don't feel like doing anything. Usually as long as I'm not in pain which I rarely have anymore, I force myself to get up and do laundry or something simple that takes about 15-20 min just so I don't feel worthless. I have also had depression and anxiety but I'm taking estradiol and fluoxetine and it all helps BIG TIME!!! Last week I went to lunch with a couple of the guys I work with and went and hung out in the shop with my dysfunctional work family (I work in a truck shop) it totally lifted my spirits and I have felt so much better. Just a little piece of normal life you have been missing can help more than you will realize!!!! It gets better but until it does.... It pretty much sucks. At least we are all here for each other 🌼

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register