Scheduled LSH going to the castle but recovering in the... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going to the castle but recovering in the... going to the castle but recovering in the...

Unread 06-07-2010, 07:51 AM
going to the castle but recovering in the...

It is hitting me more and more each day that this is really happening in 2 weeks as I work to get everything cleaned and ready. Our master bedroom is in the basement of our house. It was a family room when we bought the house so it's got all kinds of great features..built ins, fireplace, sitting area, etc. I plan to recoup down here so I'm focusing my cleaning and organizing on the basement. I already spend a lot of time down here because it is cooler and cozy. We jokingly call it the "dungeon" because I tend to hide here when I'm hurting or sick. So it hit me last night that I might be going to the castle but I'm recovering in the dungeon!!! I laughed so hard when I realized this my dh thought I had officially lost it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Re: going to the castle but recovering in the...

You are vey smart to get everything ready, if you are a clean freak like me have everything cleaned and ready for yourself when returning from the castle. I had my all lap hysterectomy on May 20. I forgot the initials for my surgery lol, anyhow had uterus and both ovaries taken, kept cervix. I only stayed in the hospital 1 day so coming home to clean house made me personally feel so much better, and if your dh helps some it really wont get that bad leaving you the time and energy to focus on healing. That is most important I can tell you that i have overdone it a couple of times and stated back spotting and gotten very sore. I really didn't understand before my surgery but it rally takes 5 to 6 weeks for this one, as i've had 2 c-setions and endo removed abligation etc. You will have days that you think you are doing great, but don't get fooled like I did and over do it if you have help let them help you. Good luck and best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Unread 06-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Re: going to the castle but recovering in the...

Going to the castle but recovering in the dungeon....good one.. Hope your family remembers to feed you bread and water at least while you are in the dungeon

Hang in there! Your big day is just about here. You can just about see light at the end of your tunnel.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register